Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Buy a grab handle from a Trophy - often appear on e-bay. Makes putting onto centre stand a 1-person lift
Nothing plain about a non-SE - still awesome bikes with loads of grunt and appeal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure if anyone wants to purchase my SE. 15000 miles. All original. Minor rust on pipes. Wheels need some attention as paint flaking. Same with frame around rear pegs. Only selling as I haven't ridden her for 6 months after hurting hip. Now whenever I ride anything I get a severe pain after 20 minutes. Would rather have her go to a loving home than sit in the garage.
Cheers Ed

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm on the Devon/ Cornwall boarder. Mechanically sound. New Pro4 tyres front and back done about 500 miles. Minor scratches on tank from a bloody dog and tank bag. Wheels need a refurbished as paint peeling and areas by back pegs. Shall see if I can upload any pictures.

·
Registered
28 Posts
no engine number

I've looked at two SE's recently that don't have eng. numbers stamped in the usual location that normal D1200's are stamped. Would some of you guys with SE's look and let me know if you do? I was serious about buying one but was afraid it was a replacement engine and that in my mind would impact the value. Thanks Arch.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi A33
Mine is stamped on top of the r/h/s of engine, just below the end of the air box. Not easy to ready though - can you feel the matrix dots that make up the number ( Or even take a 'brass rubbing') ?
Once youVe got it, see if Triumph can match it to the number on top of the fork yoke
Hope you have found a genuine one - search this thread for the yoke number - you may find some history

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the reply Tigerider, so it's not in the usual location just above and inboard of the clutch cover? Yeah it's got the tag, no. 161 on the fork yoke but I swear I looked all over that area and saw nothing else. Another fellow who has one for sale couldn't find a number either. Thanks Arch.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Arch - I think we're talking about the same ( usual ) place - the rectangle on the upper crankcase on top of clutch. Very feight though. I'm assuming that your 'pink slips' record the engine and frame numbers - might help you interpret any trace of a number.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Many states in the US including here in NC are only concerned with the frame number and I just could not see even a hint of a number where a normal D1200 would have it. The bike is a hour away so not very handy. Oh well my friend wanted too much anyway! Thanks Arch.

221 - 240 of 249 Posts