Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Need to Vent i have had enough of this damn country,

We Need Obama over here NOW.

Hi all, as we are ALL aware the world is going through an so called economic crisis at the moment and the UK seems to be suffering some of the brunt of it, However our government seems to be the most incapable bunch of morons that exist. Not a Clue

I am myself a Small business that employs 3 people, we are based in Wales and work in the service industry, I have running my business for 7 years so i am assuming i have some i idea what i am talking about( I hope)

Today our government has announced a cash bonus of up to £2500 to any business that takes on a person that has been unemployed for over 2 years , ***, 180,000 people were made redundant between August and October and they want us to take on the people who we unable to get work in the so called BOOM. I cant believe it.

We have recently taken on one person and we were un able to get any support from the government at all. how ever if i had taken on some moron that was as much use as lead baloon i would get help.

Yes companies are going under left rite and centre but were these businesses every viable in the first place? I have always thought the mail rule of business is to make money, these big companies such as Woolworths and Land Of Leather have not been making money for years and seem to have continued to loose money until breaking point again ***

I just feel the government are going in completely the wrong way with this, they are obsessed with making us spend money we don’t have, getting us into even more debt, was that not what got us into this situation in the first place ?

For years i have been suspicions of this alleged boom we were having, it was all fake, it never existed it was built on money we never had. So where do we go from here? Well it looks like Brown it going to bury us all in the coffin and their is nothing we can do about it,.

We need a revolution ASAP, we need the hope that Obama has brought to the States, unfortunately i don’t think Cameron has it.

We are All DOOMED.

That’s my rant over, i feel better know:D.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
I sympathize with your problems; your cause analysis seems pretty good from here.

Your desired solution, however, seems like trying to fix a laceration by applying a razor blade.

Government cannot spend a nation out of a recession/depression. Governmental spending has one source. Taxes on the individual. Yes, they tax corporations too, but guess who ultimately pays those taxes? Individuals. So when the government spends, it has to either tax individuals or devalue currency. Neither of those will help a nation get out of a recession.

Cut taxes, force the government to stop trying to manage private industry, and the market will sort itself out sooner than any other plan can accomplish.

I really despaired of the automakers buyout here in the US (not that I was happy about it to begin with) when I heard congress was insisting that the companies' plans couldn't touch the congressional-mandated programs to build more efficient cars. If consumers want cars like that and Detroit won't build them, Detroit must be allowed to fail because of it. On the other hand, if consumers don't want them, and congress forces Detroit to build them, the problems are congress' fault, not Detroits, and no amount of additional (unconstitutional) congressional meddling will fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
Today our government has announced a cash bonus of up to £2500 to any business that takes on a person that has been unemployed for over 2 years
"unemployed for more than six months" according to the BBC

That aside, I trust you're not suggesting that the Prime Mentalist is not being prudent? or that the current state of affairs (which originated in America y'no) is in any way his fault?

·
Registered
5,735 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
Everybody jumps on the bandwagon then when it hits a freaking brick wall they all want to piss and moan.
Nothing personal; it's just that every time G Brown Esq discusses the current lamentable state of affairs he seems to include the phrase "which originated in America". I don't know why he does that; perhaps it's code for "not my fault" :D

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
I'm just being my normal contrary self. I just wish they(the politicians) would quit trying to keep everything on life support and let it die. Then we could get around to the recovery or starting over. Whichever is necessary.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just being my normal contrary self. I just wish they(the politicians) would quit trying to keep everything on life support and let it die. Then we could get around to the recovery or starting over. Whichever is necessary.
i love this US Sub Prime BS, America was nothing but the catalyst, the mess was already their waiting to go off, as has been said the spending our way out of recession is also crap.

as for 6 months the TV said 2 years earlier, damn ch5, anyhow is still all crap, the only way out of this is to stop spending, let the big companies who have messed their business up to go under then support the guys that are left.

they will bail out the car industry in both countries but in 10 years they will still be in trouble and that money will go down the drain.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
GM's CEO is already saying they may need more of my money.

What's that you say, saphena? A politician trying to shift blame? What next? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
It all started to go down the tube when the 'captains' of industry (read accountants) started outsourcing every job overseas to 'cheap' labour countries.

Then the finance guys started playing around with vapour 'money' no-one had and then the bubble popped.

Everyone is blaming Mugabe for ruining his country for basically doing the same thing in reverse (giving all the capital to his non working henchmen) and printing his 1 billion dollar notes......

.....where's Brown getting his money from ?

---------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
jobs!

The corporations decided they want lower cost employees. These are the people that buy your products. No jobs? No customers! No sane person is out buying a 300,000 dollar home amd a 60,000 dollar auto when they don't know where they are working tomorrow. I don't see what more loans are going to do for people that are up to their eyes in debt and afraid they are going to loose their home. The 1000.00 dollar check is really 550.00 after taxes and a 1 time deal. Customer service is in India . The Chevy plant is being built in Russia and the parts are coming from Mexico. Where is my money to buy the gas guzzling beast coming from? :confused:

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Don't forget unions driving up costs, and threatened lawsuits forcing lenders to lend to people who really aren't qualified. The latter is, in my opinion, one of the great untrumpeted stories of this sordid mess.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Don't go inviting Obama over just yet. The only thing he's done thus far is to win an election. No one knows yet if he can deliver.
If Bush can win an election...well, 'nuff said.
Blair was adept at winning elections...again, 'nuff said.

It will be interesting to see Obama manage the varied expectations of those who voted for him. I await with interest.

·
Banned
201 Posts
Obama wouldn't be where he is unless he had precisely the same ideals as all other US presidents. He will be another Clinton. His rhetoric has already changed. H Clinton will continue the foreign policy imperitives of US state sponsored terrorism in Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan - civilians will continue to pay with their lives.

Here? As tough as it sounds... wait and see. Capitalist markets expand and contract too fast, that is the only certainty with them. The only question is how fast and for how long. Labour & the Tories are as the Republicans & the Democrats - two factions of the same party.

No individual that adopts the values of a party political (and economic) system that is intact and is there to be sustained is ever going to undermine or revolutionise it. The individual has signed up to support the system. Obama or Brown.... makes no real difference. :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Seems the UK is well ahead of the last true banana republic on Earth!
The Republic of Ireland for such a minute population are losing 5,000 real jobs a week while the clowns that run the shop are in total denial, we're currently bottom of the Euro list in the recession statistics - just hope it improves sooner than later

whats Obama's number??

but you gotta laugh otherwise it would wreak your head!!

Fancy a 42" Flat Screen telly going cheap?? :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
State sponsored terrorism, readmarx? Show me some terrorists who have helped a nation set up elections. I'd say 'show me some terrorists who've built schools and hospitals,' but some of them have actually done that. The difference, of course, is that when we build schools, it's not because we're trying to hide a rocket emplacement or mortars.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Though if we had our lands seized without our consultation, by some fluff encrusted book's adherents from another land, I'd hope that we'd build missile emplacements in any place that served the ends of our patriotism - against any invader! :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts