Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Legend is all stock, with Avon Storms installed last year immediately after purchasing the bike. The bike runs great - no problems-but doesn't ride great.
The best way I can describe this is that I have a very subtle perception that the bike is not rolling smoothly.
The usual suspects have been checked, chain and sprockets, cam chain tensioner, balancing of wheels.
I read on Webbikeworlds site that the owner of a TBS installed a tube that proved to be too large for the tire, and it gave him a bouncing effect.
My tubes were the Bridgestone tubes specifically made for radial tires. Of course, I was not present when the shop installed them.
So, just wondering if anyone else has this subtle problem of a very slight bouncing effect.
My wife says I'm just fussy, but it's the only thing about my Legend that gnaws at me.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
check and adjust your chain - a badly adjusted (too tight) and or worn chain could cause that

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mick,
I neglected to mention that when the bike was in the shop last month I had a full inspection, along with a few other things taken care of.
The opinion of the mechanic, a Legend owner, is that I have a season or two left on the chain and sprockets.
I'll check this out just to be sure.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Thanks Mick,
I neglected to mention that when the bike was in the shop last month I had a full inspection, along with a few other things taken care of.
The opinion of the mechanic, a Legend owner, is that I have a season or two left on the chain and sprockets.
I'll check this out just to be sure.
take a careful look at the adjustment - make sure you check it at the chain's tightest point. To double check you could slacken the chain a little and see if the symptom goes away / changes.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
When I get that feeling a chain adjustment or replacement cures it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts