Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Made in Spain, eh?. Let's hope it's not engineered by the makers of our new submarines...:eek::

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...avy-submarine-will-sink-to-bottom-of-sea.html
:biglaugh:biglaugh
I personally like those numbers: Billions.
With 25% unemployment (54% for young people) I wonder how can a Government justify that kind of spending?
What are the submarines for? For what war?
Then the Monty Python type punch line: If the submarines submerge they will sink. So they can't go under water, they're just... ahhh... marines.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
What are the submarines for? For what war?
Our military has received lots and lots of new toys including some of the most modern weapon systems for our frigates. I think it's all part of keeping the Generals, etc occupied playing war games so they don't indulge in the favourite pastime around here of plotting right-wing coups and revolutions. Check out our history of the last 100 years or so...:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Neutral Switch Class

Forchetto,

As usual when I see your name under a post I don't skip it. Thanks you.
I also have had my fun with this switch. Mine started the slow drip caused by the epoxy separating from the body. The hardest part of replacing it was getting off the female spade connector.
So really when will you publish!
Namaste,
Charles

·
Registered
488 Posts
Spain had a tragic civil war, and then the Falklands. In my country I'm 68 and haven't and don't expect to live in anything but a wartime economy. Here, no matter who's president, or what party has the upper hand, it's insured that's were our resources are spent and much of our youth occupied. It's sad to think what could have otherwise been done with the brain power and those trillions.
Back to cycles, I can remember when Spain made great motorcycles with quality and engineering to match anyone. The Montessa Scorpion was the best looking motorcycle made in the 60's. I wore out my magazine looking at pictures of it. It was copied by Yamaha and that was the end of that. Zeus also made some of the best racing bicycles and components in their day. Can't speak for their submarines.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tried to tighten the damn thing, and guess what, too much power in my hands, the switch snapped and fell down :( ordering a new one is not a problem, but still have a part of it left inside, any suggestions on the next step?

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
but still have a part of it left inside, any suggestions on the next step?
Asuming the hexagon bit has broken off and left the threaded barrel inside, if you can pull out the electrical bits, you know, the brass rod and insulator leaving a hole, try an old trick:

Find a file with a tang that will fit inside the barrel, tap it in lightly so the sharp, hardened edges of the tang grip the inside of the barrel and twist the file anti-clockwise. It should work like a kind of screw extractor or Easy-out as they're called in the US.

I don't know if they call file parts the same in Lithuania, but the "Tang" is the bit that goes inside the handle:

Also have a look at post 35 where Calliway had the same problem. An Easy-out worked for him.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Asuming the hexagon bit has broken off and left the threaded barrel inside, if you can pull out the electrical bits, you know, the brass rod and insulator leaving a hole, try an old trick:

Find a file with a tang that will fit inside the barrel, tap it in lightly so the sharp, hardened edges of the tang grip the inside of the barrel and twist the file anti-clockwise. It should work like a kind of screw extractor or Easy-out as they're called in the US.

I don't know if they call file parts the same in Lithuania, but the "Tang" is the bit that goes inside the handle:

Forchetto, I am as always grateful for your answers :)
Feeling kinda stupid after doing such a dumb thing and feeling bad for all the new oil that is wasted and it changed just this weekend :/

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi everybody,
So i received the ordered items T1190282 (neutral switch and a washer) and T3550546 (copper washer).
So the question know is which one should I use? I didnt know that the switch already includes(because in the part scheme it is pictured as seperate items) a washer so i ordered one. Copper or not copper:) ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hi everybody,
So i received the ordered items T1190282 (neutral switch and a washer) and T3550546 (copper washer).
So the question know is which one should I use? I didnt know that the switch already includes(because in the part scheme it is pictured as seperate items) a washer so i ordered one. Copper or not copper:) ?
Either really, as long as it's 1.00 mm thick. I believe the thickness is critical.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thanks, glad it's been of some use.
Great work Thank you for all your imformative posts Forchetto.I always find them worthwhile,and the pictures are crystal clear.I appreciate them greatly.
I would like to see all your technical stuff put together and "stickyed" on the forum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This post saved me hours of fiddling when I just found a little oil on the garage floor under my 2005 Bonnie.

Thank you so much Forchetto. I was riveted by this boring little post.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just reading some of this brilliant thread. After the last two oil changes I have has a small seepage of oil and have been cursing the filter seal (not enough to form a drip). maybe it's the switch seal. Something else to check tomorrow.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My switch is leaking too. Not where the switch screws into the engine but from where the wire goes into the rubber boot attached to the switch.Would applying some sealant to where the wire goes into the boot work at stopping the leak?

·
Registered
11,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Drip Drip Drip

My switch is leaking too. Not where the switch screws into the engine but from where the wire goes into the rubber boot attached to the switch.Would applying some sealant to where the wire goes into the boot work at stopping the leak?
Mr. fuzzyfrank,

I don't know about all the others, but mine leaked between the housing and the encapsulation of the plunger. They are not expensive and not hard to replace. By the way, don't torque it into place. A one hand snug is fine. Use the aluminum washer, they compress easily.

Namaste,
Charles

41 - 60 of 86 Posts