Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
30,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well,

It's not like I'm the first person to ever bring a bike in the house, but I still got a kick out of doing it.

The temps have dropped here in Minnesota, and I have plans for my bike, so I made the decision to bring it inside over winter so that I can take my time and get everything done properly, so that come spring I am ready to go.

Today was dry and sunny, so I designated it moving in day. Bonnie now sits in what was the dining room, but what is now workshop C.

Workshop A is the garage (unheated and uninsulated - tough in the 30 below January / February months).

Workshop B is the spare room upstairs - and there isn't room up there now that I am installing a lathe in that room.

So - dining room it is, and frankly I think the bike lends an air of sophistication. Here she is:

The gas tank has been emptied, and is being stored out in the garage.

So - for this winter, I am going to

Remove the airbox - install British Customs ARK
Install predator exhausts
Install air / fuel gauge port in crossover pipe on headers
Rejet the carbs
Fabricate a tool / storage box to add to the ARK
add any additional mudflaps / sling guards to the set up that may be required
Trim my Corbin gunfighter and lady seat - remove the passenger piece, and add a triumph cowling to it as a storage compartment
Maybe replace the stock shocks with Ohlins
Maybe fabricate a new gauge / instrument panel on the CNC router I scored from work in workshop B
Clean the bejeezus out of every nook and cranny
Go round and add dielectric grease on all the electrical connectors

And, oooooh, anything really.

Luvin it! :cool: :D

EDIT: The Ninja is still ready to go should Mn kick out any decent days (which can happen any time) so I'm not bikeless.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I wish wish wish I could do that... but there's no f'n way the Mrs would allow it.:(

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I'm going to have my wife take a look at your bike in the dining room and say to her, "See dear, it's perfectly OK to have a bike in the house. It can join us for supper." I'll let you know how that goes:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Bonnie lives here TOO

I used this for an excuse....then the GF said we could both move out... I thought better...

·
30,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know, as well as having a bike in the house, I also have 40 bottles of single malt scotch, 40 gallons of draft home brewed beer, 16 gallons of commercial beer, 50 bottles of wine and assorted other liquors on hand at any given time.

The funny thing is, that although I get very depressed about winter setting in, I can't actually remember what a minnesota winter is like. :confused:

·
30,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also plan to turn the TV round, so that I can sit on the bike and watch footage of helmet cam bike race footage and make "vroom" noises.

I realize that this is sad, and yet it seems so - "right". :D

·
30,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This is just gratuitous posting now, but I've been hitting the single malts.

This pic just has some of the lovely new shiny bits laid out next to my bike!

As you can see - the chief technical officers are checking it all out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good move!

I was going to ask if you were married...Haggis answered that question. I used to keep my Tiger in the living room when I lived in Fairbanks Alaska. Thats why it's a 2000 with 12K miles on it.:D

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Last year, I agreed to put both the bonnie and tiger in a motorcycle show in February. As luck would have it, the temps were very cold the week before the show, so I put both bikes in the living room, side-by-side and cleaned them in comfort prior to the show. I said that was the last time I would clean a bike for a show; however, I will probably bring the bonnie inside in a few weeks to do the 24K maintenance. Sometimes it is kinda nice not to have a significant other to enforce the "ground rules." :D I have been looking at MC lifts, but haven't been sure where to put one--my son suggested putting it in one of the front rooms with big windows so I could work on the bikes and look out the window.:p

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Bike in House

Mine would be in every nite!! Cept I live 3' off the ground! Lift? Get the Sears alum one! Real lite & east to move around. Tween my scoot & the Bonne Id ahve a real nice decor!
Just dont want ANY oil leaks!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Well,

It's not like I'm the first person to ever bring a bike in the house, but I still got a kick out of doing it.
Nope! Took my '65 in the house four winters in Colorado!
Didn't winterize except remove gas and tank...
Hard to start in the spring, but it always did!

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Prop I applaud you. How did you get the mrs. on board. If I brought my Rocket in I would have my testicles hanging on the car mirror. I did not see a blanket to tuck your bike in? I have one on my Rocket just to make sure she does not get a chill. (also keeps the dust off):)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That second malt - addled pic posting - strewth, is that a cat bottom left??

Is it dead or alive?

If indeed a cat, what is its role in the refurb project, and where will it be mounted on the new super dooper purring bonnie that will emerge in spring?

Or does it just keep you warm in those cold winters.

·
30,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The cat owns the house and let's me provide it with food. It is also chief technical officer, and has to approve all projects.

In the picture it is making judgement on my choice of air filters.

It approved.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts