Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hmmm... I must be doing something wrong!

All I seem to get are geezers (like myself!) with tales of Triumphs gone by! If I may be allowed to repost from an old thread, here's my favourite:

"...A couple weeks ago I decided to head out early and ride to Manotick, stop at Tim Horton's for coffee and muffins, and then cross the river and head back north to work. So I'm sitting at the window with the Bonnie parked just outside. A few people stop and ogle it as they come and go - which we know is not unusual. Then an old fellow with a scraggly white beard and a pipe stops to look at it. No big deal. He then procedes to get down on his hands and knees and look under the bike, stick his head in by the carbs, poke and prod and give it quite the examination. I just had to see what this was all about, so I get up and out the door where I start to say my usual line: "It's a 2005." He beats me to it with, "both pistons go up and down together!", spoken with a slight German accent. I counter with, "yes, it's a 360 degree engine". He then tells me all about the Triumphs and BSAs he and his friends rode in Austria before the war.

Once I'm back at my table eating, he comes in and regales me with stories of his motorcycling career in the Wehrmacht during WW II. "I was a dog with an armoured unit", he says. "Do you know what a 'dog' is?" Turns out that like a sheepdog shepherding a flock, they had motorcycles shepherding the armoured formations to keep them organized. I hear about the Zundapps and the NSUs. Then I hear about the "big BMW with a sidecar and a machine gun on it" and figure that this is the guy I've seen in a zillion movies... usually flying through the air after an artillery shell lands too close. And then how in North Africa they installed balloon tires for better traction in the sand. Turns out he doesn't ride any more, but his last bike was a Gold Wing. Wow... breakfast was never so interesting!"
Bob

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yea, this is a funny thing. I have quite a broad spectrum of people comming up and talking to me ( I have a Thrux). I get the harley guys telling me about the Triumphs they have had, I get the chicks telling me how cool the bike is, I get the sport riders admiring( they never get to actually see a motor) but the ones i really enjoy talking with are the old geezards walking up to me and telling me stories how when they were young they had a 650 or whatever it might have been. They tell me stories about rides, people ,places, history and so on. What is really cool is looking at their faces light up when they start to recount these stories.

·
Registered
737 Posts
chicks love this thing ;)
They really do, you know why? Cause it doesn't look like you're trying make up for having a small penis. It has class.

Classy chicks love it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
They certainly do start some conversations with a lot of different people. I usually have a good talk about bikes with a complete stranger every week. Funny how wang size never was a topic though.

·
Registered
737 Posts
They certainly do start some conversations with a lot of different people. I usually have a good talk about bikes with a complete stranger every week. Funny how wang size never was a topic though.
HA ha ha ha, love the name BigChiefWoody. Very appropriate for your comment. that's awesome:)

·
Registered
510 Posts
These bikes are unique....they don't look like other bikes on the road. The choice to ride one shows individualism...something highly sought after by those with unique character and genuine convictions.
I pride myself on not being a sheep.

And I'd like to think that's what the ladies see in me....
but it's probably just the bike

·
Registered
737 Posts
These bikes are unique....they don't look like other bikes on the road. The choice to ride one shows individualism...something highly sought after by those with unique character and genuine convictions.

I think you got it right.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Oh No!! whats going to happen to me, especialy as I'm a Lady..

Its a good job I don't mind talking about my bike:)

Rose

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh No!! whats going to happen to me, especialy as I'm a Lady..

Its a good job I don't mind talking about my bike:)

Rose

No matter what bike she is on, I find a woman that rides a very sexy thing. Just like how most women like a man to have a sense confidence, many men look for this quality (maybe a little more subconsciously) in women. To me, a girl that rides definitely seems like she has some fortitude.

·
Registered
22 Posts

AMEN! I love my '08!

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
AMEN! I love my '08!

Thats how I feel, saw it, wanted it, wiped the drool from my mouth and got it (who says women take ages to make up their minds!! LOL).

I just think its a thing of beauty and I've only got ten days to wait until its here (I won't hold my breath on that either).

The bike reminds me of being on the back of Paul Toland's bike over the sand pits in the late 70's being chased by the police across the farmers field and hanging on for dear life!! Oh them where the days.

And as for being a dating site, I don't think so:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts