Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a wait of about 6 weeks to put the Thruxton through its paces on roads not contaminated with salt, I got out this afternoon to see how she runs with the big valve head (+2mm inlet, +1.5mm exhaust) and high lift camshafts. I can report that the bike goes like a train. Several times during the ride the rev limited was tested, simply because the motor revs so freely at the top end. I suppose that's not surprising given that the power curve is still rising when the rev limiter cuts in (see dyno sheet). The motor is so smooth throughout the rev range. There is no discernable dip in the power delivery anywhere.

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
yep rob these bikes are alot more fun when they get around the 90hp mark.People that have not rode one with that kinda of power would no beleave how quick they get.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hi boys,
lovely bike rob are you happy with it or do you have a plan for more improvement,
I'm very happy, but could maybe be happier with larger diameter header pipes which might give another few bhp LOL.

I do have a Procom CDI unit which has been fitted in the past. Another 2 or 3 bhp looks on the cards with another 500rpm judging by the direction of the power curve.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Great Job!!
I just want to see the look on the face of some kid on the "Snot Rocket" when you politely dust his butt.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice numbers Rob. Congrats!

Where'd the cams come from?
The camshafts were re-profiled by Kent Cams to Bob Farnhams specification. I believe the profile is similar to the Bonnie 790 cams.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guarantee you,........there ain't nuthin' polite about a 88bhp thrux!!!! :D

LOL

If Triumph were quoting the power, that would be at the crank, where my motor must be making in excess of 100bhp.

·
Registered
62 Posts
88.4bhp

hi sweatmachine.
lovely bike, that will turn heads, my new bars came the other day there a bit wide tomorrow ive got to cut them down by 75mm each side, i went for drag bars it should put me forward and down a bit at the front. ive allready fited the rearsets, its the indicators next:)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Could I ask how your carbs are jetted? The motor I am currently building is very similar to yours. Differences are 1mm over on intake and exhaust valves and an 813 TP USA cams.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Congrats and I have to admit the dyno graph gets me very excited. Can I ask a tasteless question: How much does 88.2rwhp cost? I have a 'standard' tors/ai removal/rejet on mine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too would like to shamefully ask what a project like this will cost. Im in the market for a T100 and suping it up to keep up with my rice friends occasionally.

Your bike is really what keeps me from moving onto a bigger bike.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts