Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HeLLyea!! Latest on the project. Polished Excel rims and Stainless Buchanan spokes ship tomorrow. 17 X 3.5 for the front and 17 X 4.25 for the rear. Porting is finishing up and we have some nice shots of roto rotor man working em over in the album. Cylinder head CC is next and the old pistons have been marked for valve relief. New piston order is not far away now. Picked up some metal side panels in flat black from HogTied to go with extra fuel tank I picked up. Can't decide on color yet - going to have to see how things come together. Working on modifying the thrux cowl to fit the corbin seat - very close now another days work and I should have it. The powder coated frame is rebuilt around the short block and I'm gettting things back together like forks and misc stuff.

Ports Gone wild!! I am very impressed with the work so far - can't wait to see things in real life.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
INCREDIBLE !!!!
How about burnt orange metalflake with pewter ghost flames to offset the black chrome frame? :-D

·
Registered
38 Posts
that looks awesome. who is doing your porting and machine work. Did you just find somebody local that'll work on anything or send them off to a specailist.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On 2007-01-10 20:02, ScruffyB wrote:
that looks awesome. who is doing your porting and machine work. Did you just find somebody local that'll work on anything or send them off to a specailist.
Scruff a good friend of mine with access to a machine shop is handling the work.

John

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2007-01-10 19:18, rodburner wrote:
INCREDIBLE !!!!
How about burnt orange metalflake with pewter ghost flames to offset the black chrome frame? :-D
Hey Steve - Thanks, I have checked out a paint that transforms from a golden/pearl yellow to a dark copper pearl as the light shifts over the surface. It's on the extreme pricy side though and I'm afraid I'd mess up the first paint job and have to buy that stuff all over again. Just that thought alone is scaring me away from it.

John

·
Registered
57 Posts
So awesome. You're gonna have to post a vid of that thing in action and give us lots of updates throughout. This is amazing stuff.

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2007-01-10 19:18, rodburner wrote:
INCREDIBLE !!!!

This would be a wild color. A bud of mine has a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner painted like you mentiond. It looks way cool. :cool:

Steve, gears et al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts