Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today makes twice in the last few days that I've come home (for the last few blocks) behind a complete oxygen thief of a driver in a white Prius. This paragon of glacial progress insists on driving along at ~20 mph in a 25 zone (sure, it's residential, but it's a really wide artery street). For some reason, it absolute boils my gizzards to troll along at what feels like 17 inches per fortnight behind this pompous gasbag of a battery rider. It's a &^$!#(> stop sign, not a pause-for-ten-^&*%#-minutes-and-visualize-dry-depends sign! Bl00dy well defecate or abandon the porcelain, you impediment to kept schedules and rapid return to my residence! What do you get, a whole wheat organic dog biscuit for every mpg you calculate at every fill up? Are you driving home to a wife with the temperament of Medusa and the looks of the Gorgon? Then you can ^&%# well run away from her or with her, I don't give a warm bucket of hamster vomit which, just as long as you rid us all of your I'll-get-there-when-I-get-there-as-long-as-I-don't-ever-hit-the-accelerator mentality.

Think I'm overreacting? I'm going to a) blame it on the cloud of smug, and b) not care.

There, I feel better. Anyone else need a rant?

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Vaporous clouds of battery spittle Bat Man! You simply need a ride on your trusty steed and the weather is too friggin cold. Or is this the individual to whom you took your three canine playmates to obedience school in the BC (before carpet) and it's payback time?

Let's see...

You could short his electric go cart by reversing the polarity when he isn't watching or rattle can him a custom flame job or drill holes in his run flats or electrify his bow tie. The list of retribution is endless. Just keep it virtual! :D

Could it be Satan?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I didn't know that Leonardo DiCaprio lived in New Mexico.

It just goes to show that you learn something every day on Biker Hang-Out :D.

DaveB.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've noticed lots of drivers cruising around 5 to 10 mph below the speedlimit.It is as you say very annoying,but a twist of the wrist and they are behind me.Mind you with all the speed cameras around it's not surprising that some people travel so slowly.

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
I wonder if he's playing the enviro-game, watching his fuel-efficiency meter while he's driving. I've heard that's quite the thing to do for some Prius drivers.

Not that I have anything against hybrids. I'm considering getting one myself when my '98 Civic gives it up, but it shows no signs of doing that anytime soon.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've ridden in a Prius one time and thought the cartoon like display in the middle of the dash was VERY distracting. The guy/gal was most likely staring at it trying to figure out what wheel was being powered by whatever. And hey, I get 30 MPG in town with my 07 Civic and 40 on the road. And I aint got no fricking batteries to worry about. Or Dispose of, or worry about frying the EMTs if I'm in a accident. :mad:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wonder if he's playing the enviro-game, watching his fuel-efficiency meter while he's driving. I've heard that's quite the thing to do for some Prius drivers.

That is exactly what the morons are doing. There are even websites that Prius owners proudly post pics of their high FE meter readings.....for them it's not about fast lap times or low 1/4 mile et's, its about stratospheric MPG. Never mind that they are impeding the normal flow of traffic and causing generally un-safe driving conditions around them, they will coast and employ feather light throttle application in search of the ever elusive 70mpg. Personally, I think they should trade em for a TIGER. If I nurse mine around like a Prius owner, I could scare 60 mpg to death yet still be able to rip off a 12 sec 1/4 and cut a low lap time if need be.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is exactly what the morons are doing. There are even websites that Prius owners proudly post pics of their high FE meter readings.....for them it's not about fast lap times or low 1/4 mile et's, its about stratospheric MPG. Never mind that they are impeding the normal flow of traffic and causing generally un-safe driving conditions around them, they will coast and employ feather light throttle application in search of the ever elusive 70mpg. Personally, I think they should trade em for a TIGER. If I nurse mine around like a Prius owner, I could scare 60 mpg to death yet still be able to rip off a 12 sec 1/4 and cut a low lap time if need be.

It kinda goofy when the 8 thousand dollar cheaper civic gets about the same miliage if you are nice to it and the Gold TDI blows the MPG of the Prius out of the water.

·
Registered
181 Posts
"warm bucket of hamster vomit" - Love it!:D

I think my $2000 10 yr old Toyota Corolla that gets 37+ mpg going up down the mountians and pushing 70+ on the freeway is hard to beat.

Even with the deer modified fender.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It kinda goofy when the 8 thousand dollar cheaper civic gets about the same miliage if you are nice to it and the Gold TDI blows the MPG of the Prius out of the water.
What really blows my mind is Toyota, the last I heard, was losing about $4000 on each Prius they sell. The only reason they sell it is to help their CAFE which allows them to sell and make a killing on Tundra trucks. If Toyota sold the Prius at profitable price, it would have to get around 120 mpg for people to justify having it.

·
Banned
277 Posts
So back to the road rage ranting thing, I left work last night and got behind a line of cars that stretched through two stop signs. Its snowing here in Colorado for like the third time this year and the two-wheel drive mexi-vehicles are having a hard time with the inch of snow on the ground. I could feel the road rage boiling up in me so i took a premature right, found my favorite local watering hole, and proceeded to wait for the idiots to clear out. Luckily this did not take too long and I made it home rage free. And yes I am a poser(poseur) for driving a company truck instead of speedy. Boo !!! Just sacrificing for the conditions.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Maybe he was doing the best it could.....I heard a comedian talking about his Prius last week; When asked 0-60? Reply was that he didn't know, he only owned it 3 weeks....Maybe he'll know next week when he gets there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
:confused:But but but it's NOT green!:mad:
No, its not green - more like a baby poop brown:cool: nothing more manly then driving a baby poop brown corolla.....

But the car has already paid for itself, and I recycled it (saved it from the junk pile). I also use this logic to call my Sprint green - I recycled it from the junk pile too. :D

Now I'm going to go hug a tree and print off a bunch of reports......

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Couple of months ago, I had just returned from a nice, slow (no more than 10+ over) 200 mi. cruise over some nice roads. Pulled into the local gas station to fill up and chuckled...I was between a Prius and a Hummer. They were "discussing" their vehicles ("yea, I keep a Prius in the back in case I run out of gas") when I started filling the Sprint. The Prius guy was bragging about averaging 52 mpg when I finished...the Hummer guy looks at me and says, "Betcha get close to that on yer bike." Did a quick calculation and said, "No, got 54 mpg this time...and I had FUN." (nodding in the direction of the Prius). The look on the Prius guy's face was priceless.....:eek:

Derswede

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hey, welcome to our world. We put up with this every winter when the blue hair invasion hits Florida. Just be glad they don't make left hand turns from the right lane or stop and try to back up because they missed a turn.

Please urge your seasoned citizens to stay home this year or at least only visit the east coast of Florida.

·
Registered
265 Posts
............................................................................................. The Prius guy was bragging about averaging 52 mpg when I finished...the Hummer guy looks at me and says, "Betcha get close to that on yer bike." Did a quick calculation and said, "No, got 54 mpg this time...and I had FUN." (nodding in the direction of the Prius). The look on the Prius guy's face was priceless.....:eek:

Derswede
:):):p

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's one of the things I love about my bike; I can outperform just about anything in the county, with a vehicle that's also more efficient than 99% of the rest. And it leans the right way when I go around a curve. That's a tough combo to beat.

Slowpokes should all be beaten within an inch of their driver's licenses. We had some snow here yesterday morning, and there were some people who seemed to think they were driving on oiled glass. Granted, you can't ignore it, but come on!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts