Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have family and avoid holidays. The tend to be a time for solitary reflection. This year, I put a couple hundred miles the triple and went down to the coast for the day.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey R100Pilot!

Nice looking bike! I see the paint on your can guards is holding up and that is some very purty rim stripes. I remember the white sand beaches from my time stationed in LA. (Lower Alabama) also known as Pensacola, FLA.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Thanks for your support Brother.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
that's what it's all about amigo.
taking the time out. good get riding while everyone is drooling through 'food coma', endorphin style. hoping your roads were clear and the chased bumpers were few.
-b

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fortunately, it's cooled off and the lovebugs are gone. Lotsa li'l gnats, though, but they don't show up in the pix.

It was a great day for a ride and traffic wasn't too bad. I stuck to little county roads through the Apalachicola National Forest. Quite a few "hunters" around - well, if your idea of "hunting" is parking your 4X4 on the side of the road, opening a cooler of brew, and sitting your drunk a$$ in a tall chair in the truck bed with a .30-06 while you wait for your dogs to flush a buck outta the woods (don't get me started).

The fun part of the ride is the run down to the coast on 67 and back up on 375. It's all two-lane through piney woods and swamp, with nice 90mph sweepers and some long straights to blow the carbon out. Hwy 98 along the coast is a nice, scenic ride, but too much traffic and too much LE keeps the speeds relatively sane.

As for the rim stripes, they're dark blue but reflective, so they light up pretty good with the flash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts