Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this year i give thanks to all you who are going to help me! anyone seen a leak here? looks like its a very small crank shaft cover on the right side of the engine.

ps - its an '05

Plus the obligatory pic of my bike...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Use a six sided socket, take it off, check the 'o' ring, replace if damaged, copper grease on threads and re tighten to factory specs.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Are you serious? You'd go through the hassle of booking service time, driving down to the dealer, having the bike down at the shop for who knows how long etc. instead of having a look yourself and maybe having to drive the car down to the dealer to get a replacement gasket.

[ This message was edited by: Martin_R on 2006-11-28 07:24 ]

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2006-11-28 07:22, Martin_R wrote:
Are you serious? You'd go through the hassle of booking service time, driving down to the dealer, having the bike down at the shop for who knows how long etc. instead of having a look yourself and maybe having to drive the car down to the dealer to get a replacement gasket.
If I have a oil leak on any fairly new machine still under warranty, it's going back. So yes, I would go through the hassle. :-D Besides, as you just said, you'll prolly have to make a trip to the dealer anyways. :hammer:

·
Registered
919 Posts
I would check the torque first. If it just loose then clean it up and tighten it up and see if the problem is fixed. No fuss, no muss, no trip to the dealer and no explaining the problem 6 times to the bonehead service writer.

I think this is what the service manual calls "Plug, crank cover" and lists the torque spec as 18 Nm (13 lbf-ft.)

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'd take it to the dealer, like Cheap said. Besides, playing the odds it's too cold to ride any way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts