Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanksgiving day ride - short! Brrrr....

Beautiful blue sky today over central Washington. A brisk 37 degrees, just a few degrees above freezing. Had the turkey in the oven and decided to go for a little ride. Suited up, fired up the Scrambler - it caught on the fourth try - and went for about a half an hour.

My new Joe Rocket textile riding pants kept me warm, but my jacket and gloves were not up to the job... I was fairly well frozen in short order, returned home, and am defrosting in front of the fire with a nice glass of red, along with some cheese and some venison pepperoni! Not all bad.

The temp was enough to give me pause, but the liquid de-icer all over the roads is pretty danged slick stuff and caused me to really take it easy in turns. Phooey. Turns are why I ride!

Might be getting close to time to tuck the Triumph away for a few months...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hate to be one to rub salt .....but I guess I will anyway. Made a Thanksgiving ride to my aunts house about 50 miles away. About 65 degrees slight overcast, no wind for the ride down there. Nice two lane winding backroads, big fun on the Tiger. Had a good feed and spent the afternoon with family. Rode back about 60 degrees and no antifreeze required when I arrived back home. Guess thats why we put up 100 degree summers down here for payback in great winter riding weather.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Rode about 100miles with my two of my nephews. Overcast and about 55. It was OK except for cold knees when we returned. I need some riding pants.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts