Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as of last night my Harley finally sold. 17 days on the market wasn't too bad, (I tried last year too) and I got what I wanted for it. Now comes the Speed Triple. I am looking for an 02-04 S3. Just my luck our local Stealership has two for sale and reasonably priced. The check for the Big Pig clears on Monday.

I am holding out for Steveomerkx, cuz if I remember right he is in the same boat with his Harley for sale. Come on Triple Gods, one more time for Steve-o.

Thanks for the support Fellas
Spanky
S3 Coming soon

It is Triple_Riders fault, for putting the S3 bug in me. Dang Hoolies

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
spanky, lemme be the 1st to officially welcome ya as a fellow hooligan now. :-D 1st things 1st, git some wheel chocks fer that patrol car so it doesn't roll into the river when yer in a hurry to leave work and jump on speedy. :hammer: :-D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Congrats. It would be very ironic if ya pulled the new owner over for speeding..... oh, hang on. Its a Harley, never mind :-D

·
Registered
936 Posts
Good onya matey, Watch out for the loud handle on these speedy's, they catch you by suprise at time's. It's going to take you a while to get use to going round corners like your on rails too!!! :-D :razz: :-D :) :wink:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Triple gods

the S3

Father (of all all streetfighters)

Son (of a b*tch officer, I wasn't going that fast was I?)

&

Holy (sh*t I'm scare myself everytime I ride mine)

·
Registered
78 Posts
congrats, triumph only sold about 500 S3's last year so this is a pretty obscure group (hence the madness around here). it's practically a one-off out of the box!

·
Registered
242 Posts
congrats! i remember when i took my first spin on speedy after riding a bonneville. took a little while to realize i could lean over in turns. im still learning and slowly pushing its capabilities. im just glad i learned how great this bike is on only my 2nd bike. no time wasted on other junk.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Now comes the Speed Triple. I am looking for an 02-04 S3. Just my luck our local Stealership has two for sale and reasonably priced. The check for the Big Pig clears on Monday.

Just my opinion, but I would go with a 05-07. Personally I think triumph really nailed the design of the 05+ models, while the 04 -models were just ok. I also think they fixed some issues with the newer model, and you just can't beat the 1050 BIKE engine of the year. Spend a bit more, you won't regret it. And when you go to sell it , it won't be TWO models old.
Burr.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does anyone know the run numbers for 2004? I would be interested not only in how many were made/sold but how many special edition fast ones were made (All Black means Faster!!).

Shawn

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2007-03-08 17:44, B_Naked wrote:
congrats, triumph only sold about 500 S3's last year so this is a pretty obscure group (hence the madness around here). it's practically a one-off out of the box!
:knkknk: I don't know the #, but I can guarandamnteeit Triumph sold waaaay more than 500 S3's! :hammer: Is that what yer dealer told ya? I got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell ya. :razz:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yep way more than 500. The S3 is Triumphs best seller. There bonkers for it over seas. Just not as much in the USA yet.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
On 2007-03-09 08:54, cheapbastard wrote:

I got some ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell ya. :razz:
I'd be interested............you gotta just love the hundreds of miles of sandy beach......... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts