Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, however I have been using information on this board for the last 6 months. I bought my 2002 Sprint ST last october and the info I have received from this forum has been priceless. I had a "bike won't start" issue last week and after reading all the "bike won't start" threads I determined my plugs were bad. Problem fixed. Just this weekend I gave my Sprint a mufflerectomy and it sounds great!

I have read the read me first sticky Mr. Moderator.

Also, I need to find a new tank level sensor, where might I be able to pick one up on the internet? The nearest triumph shop is 80 miles, so fixing my own problems is a necessary evil and internet is the way to go for me.

Again, thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Yea, you are out there.

Here is the dealer locator for every damn Triumph dealer in the US.http://www.triumph.co.uk/holding.html?aspxerrorpath=/usa/Dealers.aspx Between this and the internet you might be able to find one in the west who is into internet sales.

Unfortunately the dealer locator is down for a few days for maintenance!:(

At least with your problem only being the fuel gauge sending unit, it wouldn't keep you from riding.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi elfletcho, welcome to the forum. :)

I too have found the forum to be an endless source of information, many of the people here really know their stuff and I am extremely grateful that they choose to share what they know.

I don't post a lot, but I do read the forum religiously every day, and try to help out if I see a question that I actually know the answer to. :)

Mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At least with your problem only being the fuel gauge sending unit, it wouldn't keep you from riding.
Yeah, I just keep checking the fuel level, filler her up before every ride. Don't want to get stuck out in the great wide open over here.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Yeah, I just keep checking the fuel level, filler her up before every ride. Don't want to get stuck out in the great wide open over here.
An awful lot of people on this site have no idea where Laramie, Wyoming is. But when you run out of gas around there, you are in a whole lot of trouble!!!
Write down the odometer reading on a slip of paper when you fuel up and add 150mi. and tape it over your gauges!!:D

·
Premium Member
24,388 Posts
Welcome

Well welcome to the Sprint forum elfletcho and congratulations on your new scooter:)

Thank you for reading our stickies and I hope you continue to find this board helpful and entertaining.:)

cheers
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Welcome to the forum elfletcho. You chosen an excellent bike in the 02 ST. Wise words on not running out of fuel! I've done it once about 30 years and that was once too much :(

Happy riding.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Welcome aboard and as DaveM said thanks for going through the stickies and search.

Don

See guys, it does work. Even a new one can use it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts