Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last couple of years I,ve logged on now and then and recieved alot more than I,ve gave.My valves are due to be checked.I,m going to make the tool and let you know how it goes.
Awhile back I read a post on the TBird throttle cable fraying at the carb.I checked mine at around 6K miles and found some broken strands! SAVED AGAIN!

Best Regards and Keep The Shiney Side Up!
:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am always amazed at the wealth of information contained in the triumphrat pages. This site has really helped me develop a great love for all motorcycles, and helped me save hundreds of dollars on maintenance that I would not have been able to do without the help of the members here. A truly great site.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've always found that this site is a great place to ask a Triumph question, without feeling like an idiot.

The A-#1 most useful tidbit I've gleaned from this site is the procedure for cold-starting my Legend:

Turn on the petcock
Put the bike in second gear
Pull in the clutch and rock the bike until the clutch breaks loose
Put the bike in neutral
Put the choke on full
Turn the key on
Pull in the clutch
Hit the starter button.

It's especially useful when starting the bike for the first time after winter storage. I keep a copy of this printed and in my toolbox in the garage. (I couldn't find the link to the original post, after quite a while searching.)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Even though I am new here, this is the first place
I go to when I get online. I've already found parts
I needed, advice and friendship.

Wonderful bikes and people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts