Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who posts, you all have helped me get my 03 Sprint just the way I like it. I have been able to put on gel seat, buy four screens, hookup GPS, buy a communications outfit so my better half and I can communicate on our rides, buy new tires, get soft luggage, and maintain my Sprint.

Merry Christmas to you all, and thanks so much. Maybe someday I'll be able to help someone as all of you have helped me.

Steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am in the same boat. I just got a 2003 Sprint and will be tackling the fuel regulator mod this weekend, as well as taking a look at the baffle mod. Although it currently has the stock lowpipe for luggage,and I think that muffler isn't the one people are posting instructions about, as I cannot see for the life of me how one would angle a drill downfar enough to get to a bottom baffle with the angle of the pipe!

The ultimate fix is to locate an underseat exhaust somewhere for less than $1000 and get that installed!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks, oldsprint03, for starting this thread.

I found this forum after seeing a yellow Sprint RS for sale in a local dealer's showroom, and its wealth of information definitely influenced the purchase. Having been bikeless for many years, my craving had reached a peak (again!) and that RS seemed too good to miss. I have lurked around other forums before to check out various bikes I planned to convince my wife about, so I wasn't completely new to bike chat sites. However, I can honestly say that the Sprint forum is way ahead.It is the most informative, friendliest forum that I have seen, and I love the cosmopolitan nature of the membership (yes, even all those Aussies who just make me want to emigrate!). So many experienced and knowledgeable people willing to share information and flatten others' learning curves, riders from so many different countries and backgrounds bonded by a shared love of bikes, riding, and of course Triumphs. But what really sets this forum apart is the open mindedness of you guys. There is healthy debate and strongly held opinion, but always polite and humorous acceptance of others' views and preferences which is not always the case on other forums. So, I add my thanks to Dolson for his efforts and to all of you guys out there whether you're enjoying summer or tolerating winter. Have a great Christmas break (or Hannukah, or whatever you want to celebrate!) a Happy New Year, and a healthy and safe 2007! :)

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
On 2006-12-22 02:37, Dusty wrote:
wife about, so I wasn't completely new to bike chat sites. However, I can honestly say that the Sprint forum is way ahead.It is the most informative, friendliest forum that I have seen, and I love the cosmopolitan nature of the membership (yes, even all those Aussies who just make me want to emigrate!).
Where to Dusty?, there aren't that many of us in Scotland :)

So many experienced and knowledgeable people willing to share information and flatten others' learning curves, riders from so many different countries and backgrounds bonded by a shared love of bikes, riding, and of course Triumphs. But what really sets this forum apart is the open mindedness of you guys. There is healthy debate and strongly held opinion, but always polite and humorous acceptance of others' views and preferences which is not always the case on other forums.
Just the kinda guys we are.... too wrapped up in our opinions to actually argue with anyone else about there's!

Anyway it is a great forum and some good folks on it.

For those of you coming back to riding, seriously consider some professionaly training. Our reflexes do slow with age, traffics faster and there's a sh*t load more cages on the road with even worse drivers. So if you haven't done an advanced course have a look in your area and enjoy your bikes.

Have a great Xmas, and keep the rubber side down.
Russ :chug:

·
Registered
425 Posts
To Aus, Russ; not to get away from Aussies! All of the Aussies in Scotland are under 30 and working in bars and hotels, so I don't see many of them! I visited Sydney several years ago and was smitten by the city and NSW. I'd love to do a road trip across Australia to see more of it, probably in a camper so that the family could come. Not easy to organise that long a holiday, unfortunately! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts