Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is Veterans Day. Thank you to all veterans and active duty personnel from all countries. The free world is in your debt.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Amen to what OnD said...may we never forget or take for granted the staggering sacrifices that our veterans have made. We live in a far different world today with freedoms that few from outside our country enjoy because brave men and women have been willing to defend our God-given right to freedom. God bless all veterans and their families on this special day of remembrance and in all days to come.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Thank you very much for the thought OnD. But, like any Vets. Day I have to go to work.:(:D Buy a poppy BTW.

·
Registered
937 Posts
It takes a lot of guts to put on a uniform and face the enemy, true heros. Unlike the rabble of today that fight wars by hiding in the shadows.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Good to see a thread dedicated to showing respect, thanks and appreciation for veterans and their sacrifices to give the rest of us a better life - A heartfelt "Thank you" to all who have served both past and present, you will never be forgotten.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Today is Veterans Day. Thank you to all veterans and active duty personnel from all countries. The free world is in your debt.
As a retired Air Force C-130 type, just wanted to say thanks to all of you remembering the troops on this special day.

And to the troops over in the sand box and other exotic locations we love you guys and gals and hope to have you all back home soon with your families and riding bikes in the greatest country in the world.
God bless the Brits and Italians and all of our loyal friends too!!

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
My father-in-law fought in Patton's army from Italy up. An uncle was with the 82 Airborne at Normandy, the Battle of the Bulge, and Market Garden. Another uncle piloted a landing craft at Iwo Jima. Funny, but it took me years to pry stories of WWII from them and there was never self-aggrandizement - just quiet resolve and self-censorship.

God bless them all

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Remeberance Day

Agreed with all the sentiment and posts.

Hear hear to all those who serve our countries and protect our personal freedom

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Thanks to all the veterans. I was one of those applauding you at the parade yesterday as you passed by.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Parades?

I'm thinking there are different levels of patriotism in different parts of the country here in the USA. There were no parades in my area of Washington State, but then again this is our rainy season.

One salesman(former Navy Seal) came in to work in the early afternoon; I wished him a happy Veterans Day - he did the same to me - and when he asked if anyone else had said anything(I was in the USAF) I was sorry to have to tell him no.

Neither of us heard anything from anyone else all day. :(

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
We have one of the largest Veteran's Day parades in the country. It lasted well over an hour. If you want to see something that brings a tear to your eye come to Birmingham and watch these elderly gentlemen from The Battle of the Bulge ride by, but you better hurry there aren't many left. Most are too old to walk the route anymore. One elderly Naval gentleman did manage to walk the the route. Dressed in his sailor blues walking as erect as possible, eyes straight ahead, in an almost stumbling gate. Knowing that each of these men were willing to die for their country but by the grace of God were returned to us. Thinking about all of the death and destruction most of them saw and partook in.

We also have the Korean War veterans and the Vietnam veterans. Each of these groups were applauded just as loudly as the World War II vets.

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Thank you OND,
I emailed all staff at work a little documentary explaining Armistice day and what it means to Australians.

There was an excellent new doco on Fox History channel as well on the 11th "Kokoda".
I have seen and have in my possession other docos about Kokoda but this is very new, lengthy and the best yet.

Thank you all vets and all currently serving.

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm thinking there are different levels of patriotism in different parts of the country here in the USA. There were no parades in my area of Washington State, but then again this is our rainy season.

One salesman(former Navy Seal) came in to work in the early afternoon; I wished him a happy Veterans Day - he did the same to me - and when he asked if anyone else had said anything(I was in the USAF) I was sorry to have to tell him no.

Neither of us heard anything from anyone else all day. :(
Having spent some time in the Great Northwest, I am not surprised. Some people have different criteria for patriotism, and that is fine. But for them to ignore the people that guarantee them that freedom is quite short sighted.

I suspect that once you get away from the metro areas, you would have find more recognition of the holiday intent.

From one old blue-suiter to another, thank you for your service.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts