Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gets chilly, damp, snowy up here in the Pacific Northwest. But, I like to continue riding so long as the roads are relatively ice and snow free. This tends to get a little chilly... :rolleyes:

My Christmas present arrived early - a set of Joe Rocket textile riding pants. They appear quite well made. Protection at the knees and hips. Heavy duty zippers. The pants zip to my existing Joe Rocket riding jacket. Heavy fabric outside and a removable liner.

Comfortable. Big zippers and velcro fasteners along the lower legs so they're fairly easy to put on over boots. Found them on sale for $120 at New Enough.

I think I'm going to be a happier, warmer rider this winter!

Regards, Guy

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yea, I have Tourmaster Caliber textile pants, warm down to 25deg F. Same price as your Joe Rocket pants. If I go down, I think these will protect pretty well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Which version of the Joe Rocket pants did you get? I was looking at the ballistic 7.0 today. I am looking for something that I can where over my blue jeans while riding then take them off when I get to my destination. I want the hip and knee protection and would like a removable insulated liner if possible. Does anybody have any recommendations?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I realize you all just got these but how do you think they'll do in the summer? I'm planning on doing some touring this summer and would like to get some riding pants but I'm afraid they'll be too warm.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wear my tourmaster jean pants(knee+hip protection)over regular jeans in the winter..ok 35-40 and mostly a wind breaker..Too hot in the summer and I wear my Triumph jeans or my draggin jeans and for wind early am use leather chaps...so far so good!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I wear Fieldsheer Mercury pants in cold weather, with the liner in, and have been quite pleased. They have knee and hip armour. Haven't tried them without the liner, but for warm weather, I'm thinking they're going to be too bulky, even without the inner quilted liner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a pair of Triumph Acton pants yesterday. I see no reason why they wouldn't keep me warm and dry in nearly all conditions, however, I'm concerned about heat in temps over 80, and they are bulky when used as overpants.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I have the Triumph Raptor vented pants they work great for summer riding. Below 50F they arn't to good but then I wear leather

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't ride much over the winter. Snow and ice on the roads sort of inhibit my riding a bit then... When it was cold though, the riding pants worked great. A few days ago temps hit the 70's, so I removed the insulation layer, and rode without. Very nice. Good wind protection, comfortable, and not too warm.

I think in summer temps of 90+ they might be a bit warm. Ah well, that's life on a motorcycle, generally too warm or too cold. Too bad, just ride.

·
Registered
63 Posts
what do you folks think about the lighter weight mesh summer pants/overpants? it gets hot round here and i'd like to commute all summer, so a pair of mesh pants with armour seem like they would be just the ticket.

Anyone with experience or opinions?

·
Registered
760 Posts
I wore my new Roadcrafter pants (w/ bib) around town today and felt pretty comfy in close to eighty degree stop & go traffic. I think 90 or 100 degrees would be too hot - but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts