Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Galveston to lounge around on the beach. But will be stopping in Austin and hanging out on Lake Travis. Just looking for suggestions to help fill the time while we are there. And so she isn't running the show (Shopping).

So far I think we are hitting Shlitterbahn (sp). And giving her the Dazed and Confused tour.

We have already seen the basement of The Alamo.

Thanks in advance.
Lee

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Johnsons.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
How about the nice quiet beaches on the Gulf of Mexico? No crowds and the sea and sand all to yourselves?

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Rent a bike.
Ride to Big Bend National Park.
Take pics.
Make a nice lengthy trip report with lots and lots of photos.

Then I can enjoy your vacation too. :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would love to just take the bike down, but the wife needs to bring stuff. SRV statue is a definate as we will be going to Zilker park.

What park has the spring in it that you can swim in? Its been a long time for me in the area. Will hit the Triumph dealership also. Will be in the area galavanting around from 8/20 till the 27th. So any goodevents worth attending would be a plus.

Thanks guys keep them comming. Even the johnson stuff.
Lee

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We hit Zilker today but it was raining when we got there. So far though I've only spotted one trumpy and it was a red thruxton ibelieve in Austin. Tried the dealer British USA in Houston but they are closed mondays. Looks like they have a bunch of old brit bikes in one showroom from the window shopping I could do so far.

By the way Nick we have had a lot of beach to ourselves because this is the off season for the area. And there is a ton of trash on them its kinda sad water bottles are the largest part of it.

·
Super Moderator
12,534 Posts
Go to the state capital building and take the tour.

While there:

1. Stand directly in the middle and speak softly (in any direction). You'll be amazed how well you can hear the echo.

2. Look straight up and spin around.

3. Lay down on the floor with your head in the center and look straight up. Pretty cool view.

4. Check out the hinges on the doors. ALL OF THEM.

Come on down to laredo and spend the night in our guest apartment, you'd be welcome. You can ride any bike you can start.

On your way down I-35, stop in pearsall and eat at "Cowpokes" BBQ.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I'd say pass on Galveston, take a trip down to South Padre Island. Much better beaches!
You said you've seen the Alamo, so I imagine you've been to the river walk, but I can't be within 100 miles and not visit.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
And I don't know if it's still there, but if Howl at the Moon Saloon is still on the riverwalk, get theyself there one evening. It's a blast. I spent many a night in there, in a previous life.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts