Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got to test out a 1998 TBS and LOVED IT!!

The fit was surprisingly good for my 6'3" not small frame. The inability to hang panniers was a negative, but I put my case on the rear seat and found I could secure it well. Not a side case, but a Saddleback Leather large satchel that I use to carry my sample album.

As I told my wife, I'm in lust.

With the appropriate spousal approval (I actually really like being married), I will hopefully be putting in an offer tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you put a different exhaust on it (like the Adventurer exhaust) panniers would fit. Admittedly an expensive solution. I'm assuming that is possible, but I may be wrong.

I have never understood the point of an upswept exhaust. I suppose it is the victory of style over function.

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
not easily done..... The shift linkage and the sidestand will foul on a Tbird/Legend/Adventurer exhaust.
I think it's ok on a TBS, because the shift pattern is reversed in the gearbox, so the lever is above the shift shaft, not below?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to pop this back up, anyone have luck with panniers on a TBS? Thinking Givi E21 luggage. Or any luck with mounting the Monokey brackets on.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just to pop this back up, anyone have luck with panniers on a TBS? Thinking Givi E21 luggage. Or any luck with mounting the Monokey brackets on.

Thanks!
I don't have pannier experience, but I rode my TBS today with a MotoCentric Mototrek Sport Tail Bag. It fits well - the built-in bungees attach to the subframe and around the rear turn signal stems. Did you buy the TBS? It looks exactly like mine - even the same color :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I passed on that one, but it really decided a TBS is for me.

That tail bag looks like it would work. I have a briefcase that's 13x14x5 that I need to take with me and I think it would fit in there!

Now to find the right TBS! The two that are local are not quite what I want. One has a best up tank and extra chrome. The other may have a fuel line problem or something else.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jaguartvr.. Exactly my thinking. Now just finding one....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts