Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far this year I've ridden my Speedmaster, a Suzuki Gladius and a Honda CBF1000. Th Suzuki and the Honda were incredibly easy to ride.
By comparison my Speedmaster is not feeling so easy to ride. When pulling away from the lights recently I'm having to concentrate on that clutch/ throttle action. Unless that roll of the throttle is exactly right the bike stalls (on the Honda and Suzuki i could pull away whilst thinking my way through complicated algebra... If I were the sort of person who thought about such things!) but I'm starting to get a little annoyed by this.

Free play adjustment? Clutch adjustment? Anyone else had a similar problem?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Slinky, will check that clutch free play.

The idle speed did occur to me as its not a problem that arises when the choke is out. If that were the case how big or small a job is that to rectify?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, had a check on that clutch and it's biting very late in the lever release. Have adjusted the free play on the cable, will keep tinkering but any suggestions welcome! :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Also check the free play in the throttle cables. I had a similar problem and the dealer upped the throttle a bit and I adjusted the throttle cables until the response was feeling better.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Slinky & Co. a little tweaking has made all the difference.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Took a Speedy for a test ride and didn't have any issues. I have a Bonneville and the throttle response is peculiar. They call it a 'snatchy throttle'. I didn't notice any issues with the Speedy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts