Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, just bought a temp sensor (for the gauge, not the fan) and was told it simply screws in as a replacement.

This may be so but I don't have a manual and can't see where it screws in. The garage just said I'd have to book it in for the mechanic to do so I wondered if anyone knew where it goes.

I have a stock Sprint 885 triple carbed. I haven't yet taken the tank or fairing panels off, as I don't want to unless I have to.

I'd appreciate the help - even a pointer to an online diagram, as I can't find one anywhere.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Welcome, Wolfie.

The best place for technical discussions for T3 series bikes like yours is here.

The coolant temp sensor screws in on the top left of the motor; I believe you'll need to pull the left-hand fairing on a Sprint.

The parts diagram of the cooling system shows it floating in space, as it screws into a part from another diagram. Once you have the fairing off & take a look at the top left of the motor, it will be very obvious where it goes.

Cheers, HTH,
-Kit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, Wolfie.

The best place for technical discussions for T3 series bikes like yours is here.

The coolant temp sensor screws in on the top left of the motor; I believe you'll need to pull the left-hand fairing on a Sprint.

The parts diagram of the cooling system shows it floating in space, as it screws into a part from another diagram. Once you have the fairing off & take a look at the top left of the motor, it will be very obvious where it goes.

Cheers, HTH,
-Kit
Thanks Kit, appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts