Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a ride up into Teesdale today and found some of the best roads I've ever ridden!
Set of up through the Yorkshire Dales and up to Brough.
This is Brough Castle, it was built in 1090 by William Rufus on the site of the old Roman Fort of Verterae.

From Brough I took the B2676 into Teesdale. You just have to watch out for the 'free-range sheep'!

The road is fairly remote with little traffic, It is about 20 miles from Brough to Middleton in Teesdale, this is Grassholme Reservoir that I passed on the way.

This is Middleton in Teesdale, nestled in the valley bottom.

continued.....................

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From Middleton I took the B6277 to Alston, an excellent road with lots of twisties for about 25 miles.

The tall poles at the side of the road are to mark the road during winter snow!

Here are a couple of shots looking back towards Teesdale.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From Alston I took the A686 over Hartside to Penrith, another 25 miles of twisties!

From Penrith I returned to Kendal via Tebay and the Tebay Gorge.

175 mile round trip, very little traffic, blue skies, and home in time to watch the Moto GP. An excellent Sunday Morning!

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Great pics and views, very nostalgic, thanks. Ran those roads on a BSA Gold Star when I was 15-16 !

--------------
Ride on ! :)

·
30,527 Posts
That is some of the best riding around, it's always a pleasure to see your ride pics Gump!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts