Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi :)

Does anyone know where in Europe I can buy TechSpec Snake Skin Tank Grips for Triumph Street Triple 765 R 2018? I checked that shipping from the US is equal to the value of the product. I will be grateful for providing some links to such stores. (I live in poland)

Manufacturer's website: TRIUMPH STREET TRIPLE S, R and RS (18 - CURRENT) SnakeSkin Tank Grips View attachment 741735
Hi, I am in the same position. I have a 2020 765 RS coming my way and want techspec grips on it. I cannot decide between the shark skin or xline. The bike will be used 50/50 road track. I'll let you know if I find a UK supplier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I am in the same position. I have a 2020 765 RS coming my way and want techspec grips on it. I cannot decide between the shark skin or xline. The bike will be used 50/50 road track. I'll let you know if I find a UK supplier.
ooops that'll be snake skin :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
speedycom.co.uk sell them. I still cannot decide between the snake skin and xline though.
Speedycom say:-
"They both have the same grip, the snake skin material is more robust & is a heavier material than the X-Line.

I have attached a picture of the snake skin on the bike and one close up of the X-Line for you to see.

Kind regards

Sharon."

Speedycom Performance Ltd | MV Agusta Cheshire
25 Manchester Rd, Chapel-en-le-Frith
High Peak, Derbyshire SK23 9SR
t: 0129 8816633
e: [email protected]
w: www.speedycom.co.uk

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've tried all their materials over the years. Unless it's a track bike, choose on the basis of cosmetics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've tried all their materials over the years. Unless it's a track bike, choose on the basis of cosmetics.
Thanks, it is a track bike ! Do you suggest X-Line for the track ? That is the conclusion that I am coming to/

·
Premium Member
8,888 Posts
According the ad copy on their website a lot of paid racers use their stuff. However, most of the professionally raced bikes I've seen up close have clear Stomp Grip all over them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank, yes I use Stomp grip on by cbr900 track bike, good stuff if a little abrasive on the leathers. Was hoping for for something that looked more in keep with my matt black 765 RS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just my two cents I did have the Storm grip on my 2018 RS and I didn't like them. They do offer decent grip but they literally wore the surface off my leathers where they contacted the pads. The raised area on the storm grips is also very hard plastic and was a little uncomfortable.

I recently bought a 2020 street triple and went with the the Tech Spec snake skin pads I had used on another bike and liked. They fit perfectly on the street triple and don't look like an eye sore. I don't know that they offer quite as much grip as the Storm grip but are much more comfortable and integrate better with the bike as far as looks in my opinion.

I was looking at my Dainese leathers and noticed the knee leather dye was completely worn off on both knees and remembered the culprit.

I have never tried the X line but have heard issues with holding up and staying in place.

Good luck with whatever you choose,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts