Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just an update. Finally had my bike serviced and a new map loaded. With the Arrow 2-1 option 1 map with the baffle out it sounds and runs fantastic. Its silky smooth with no snatchiness or pops and bangs. Very impressed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does anyone know if Tec (UK) have stopped selling the 2-1 tracker? The site says 'out of stock' and no response when emailed.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I modified my Tracker 2 into 1 before I installed mine on my Bonneville T100 after research performance exhaust designs to suit the modifications I plan on upgrading my engine.

I stripped the muffler and removed the inner perforated baffle tube and modified the end cap to suit a 51mm perforated baffle tube which us considerably larger in diameter see pics.

Sounds very growly and I installed a stainless steel mesh in the end cap which slightly reduces the bark and drone while cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
The sound quality on phone is rubbish. As soon as I get a better device I'll do some comparison files. But before then I'll say its definitely better with the baffle out

I totally agree with baffle in it toooooooo quiet and sound fiff fiff fify

·
Registered
74 Posts
I dunno why, but I find it impossible to get the circlip back in to this exhaust... Any tips?

·
Registered
8 Posts
@abw I've found the exact same. Ive just installed the tracker and before I map it I'm wanting to run it with the baffle in but I CANNOT get the circlip in place. I've got it fully compressed and it's still 1-2mm overlapping and won't fit into the muffler. I've even tried running it for a while with baffle out to heat up and see if expansion would assist but nope.

Have you had any luck??

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine fits like a charm, (I think) that I nip it up and slip one side in then the other... I’ll look tomorrow (to be fair I’m running without...).

·
Registered
170 Posts
@abw I've got it fully compressed and it's still 1-2mm overlapping and won't fit into the muffler.
Are the little prongs on your circlip pliers contacting the muffler body and preventing it from snapping into place?
If the circlip is the one that came out... I can't imagine how it won't go back in.
"overlapping" the ends will definitely prevent it from going into the groove.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yep mine sails back in. If it came out it’ll go in again I’d have thought... are you sure you are not being held off by the prongs of the pliers?

I shortened my baffle to 65mm and it sounds good... loud enough but not so noisy to fail MOT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
This is a sound video link of my TEC 2:1 exhaust in which I modified the muffler as I was looking for a deeper tone and more free flowing so I removed the original inside baffle set up and installed a 50mm stainless steel perforated baffle tube, modified the end cap to suit. I’m still looking for a more deeper tone and a little quieter so plan to install a custom megaphone style muffler a little larger in diameter which I expect to get the sound and flow I’m looking for.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts