Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since there isn't much on here about the new Tec Tracker exhaust I thought I would post up mine to assist with anyone thinking of buying one.

First impressions... overall it seems great. Its not in the same league quality wise as Arrow, but for 25% of the price including down-pipes thats expected. Its not badly finished, just a little less polished. Fitting took an hour but a majority of that was getting the old system off. Everything fitted together pretty well with the only exception being the muffler which had developed a slight flat spot on the down-pipe end which meant it didn't slide in first time. 15 seconds with a rounded piece of wood to ease it out (it was minute) and everything slid into place and fitted perfectly.

The only awkward part of the fitting was replacing the O2 sensors as you need to cut the cable tie beneath the tank and pull the cables down lower.

Sound wise, I still have the baffle in until its remapped at first service but already its got a noticebly louder throbbing sound. Ive taken the baffle out on tick over and it turns into a deep bark, superb!

Anyway, heres the important bit of the post....

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wish they were selling this one when I bought the other TEC 2-1 exhaust. I think the quality is far greater than what they charge.

I love the sound of shorter exhausts. So growly. Nice addition to your Thrux!

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Hot looking bike. love the black/white motif!

-Dan

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I wish they were selling this one when I bought the other TEC 2-1 exhaust. I think the quality is far greater than what they charge.

I love the sound of shorter exhausts. So growly. Nice addition to your Thrux!
I agree. I'm amazed they can be sold at this price. Bang for buck, for performance and weight loss, it can't be beaten. I love the rough bark to the exhaust note, better than the tame smoothness of standards or TORS.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sound quality on phone is rubbish. As soon as I get a better device I'll do some comparison files. But before then I'll say its definitely better with the baffle out

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm really really really interested in this exhaust. However, I cant' get past the youtube videos of 2-1 setups. They all sound like puffy dirt bikes. Can you give an idea of what the sound is like. Not just volume, but tone wise (bass vs mid vs treble). Also, what about the smoothness of the sound, is it constant or really staccato? Anything helps!

·
Registered
278 Posts
My BC 2-1 shorty pred exhaust sounds nothing like a dirt bike. It is really difficult to get a true representation of what they sound like in a vid. Very throaty with almost a growl/scream at high RPMs. Very cool

·
Registered
16 Posts
My BC 2-1 shorty pred exhaust sounds nothing like a dirt bike. It is really difficult to get a true representation of what they sound like in a vid. Very throaty with almost a growl/scream at high RPMs. Very cool
That's what I was hoping for. I have never heard one in person, only going off of youtube and what I've read here on the forum. Do you think you can compare it to anything?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Tec 2-1 system arrived yesterday along with TTP Breath and DNA filter, havent fitted it yet but quality looks good.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Some videos for comparison.

Its still difficult to compare sounds as the video audio doesnt do it justice. With the baffle in its pretty tinny, like the standard exhaust. But with the baffle out its a deep rumble and roar. Very very bassy. Notice the camera shakes with the vibrations with the baffle out.

Baffle in

https://youtu.be/KkjHhnn-mBc

Baffle out

https://youtu.be/YMjwAgUICpU

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some videos for comparison.

Its still difficult to compare sounds as with the baffle in its pretty tinny, like the standard exhaust. But with the out its a deep rumble and roar. Notice the camera shakes with the vibrations with the baffle out.

Baffle in

https://youtu.be/KkjHhnn-mBc

Baffle out

https://youtu.be/YMjwAgUICpU
Sounds awesome with the baffle out! Do you think it has a deeper tone than preds or the tec2:2 (baffle out)?

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's what I was hoping for. I have never heard one in person, only going off of youtube and what I've read here on the forum. Do you think you can compare it to anything?
Hopefully it will quit raining here this weekend and I will see if I can get a good video. I have a camera with pretty awesome internal microphones used for music. I will see if I can get some video.

In terms of description... That is a hard one. Think low level top fuel. That about the best I can do. Very throaty, mean sort of growl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I missed the UPS man today and am going to have to wait until tomorrow to get mine. Can't wait to put it on. Did you ever get around to recording the higher quality video?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts