Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted or knows anyone fitted a 2-2 TEC exhaust to a Bonnie, Thruxton or Scrambler ?

Looking at replacing the OEM Scrambler exhaust & thinking about the TEC 2 into 2, wondering if it clears the rear brake master cylinder & what it sounds like.

Cheers Terry

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone fitted or knows anyone fitted a 2-2 TEC exhaust to a Bonnie, Thruxton or Scrambler ?

Looking at replacing the OEM Scrambler exhaust & thinking about the TEC 2 into 2, wondering if it clears the rear brake master cylinder & what it sounds like.

Cheers Terry
Hi Terryk.
I have TEC 2 into 2 fitted to my 2010 mag wheel ,it clears the rear brake master cylinder easily,as to the sound do a search on youtube for the ARROW 2 INTO 2 the TEC is a copy of this system.cheers TRIBON

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fitted Tec 2 to 2 to Bonnie

I just fitted the Tec 2 into 2 from Tec in Australia to my 09 Mag Wheel bonnie today. Fit was good -- fairly easy to do. I loosened the right peg/brake assembly and master cylinder as a unit -- turned it out of the way to get to the mounting bolt behind.

No real dramas -- the system bolted right up. The oil cooler line is right next to the right side header -- I'm going to loosen it and move it tomorrow (didn't have the right sized wrench today).

I haven't started it as I finished late and want to reposition oil line first.

System looks good although the bend around the side stand isn't as sexy as it could be. Not bad though. Will post more after I ride it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought the Tec 2into2 exhaust from TecShox in Australia off ebay. Quality is great -- fit was easy (did need to move the oil cooler line out of the way) all up took about 2 hours with hand tools out in front of my house (on the street). They look exactly like Arrows without the badge.
Sound is good -- I cut the plug (and about 1 CM) off the end of the baffle and I like the sound -- quiet enough at low revs but more 'braaappp' under throttle. Ridden with baffles out too -- quite a bit louder -- some will like it (like me -- today!!)

Keith at tecshox Aus is great to work with. I got a centrestand but after some thought decided I didn't want it -- no questions asked. He is very upfront about quality (sent pics of rack welds for example).

Highly recommend

1 - 7 of 7 Posts