Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone bought one from Triumph recently? just wondered if they were still available before I start ringing around..

also, anyone tried the seat/cowl set-up from Mecatwin ??

Neil

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
The Mecatwin is the undertail/brake light that was designed for the Triumph solo seat. Its not the actual solo seat although you may be able to buy one from them.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hopefully for the price its the seat and cowl! I'll pop in to my local dealer and get them to punch the number in to the parts system and see what comes up! wasnt planning to buy one just yet,but just wanted to try and find out if its somethign thats been or about ot be discontinued..

Mecatwin appear to advertise a cowl+seat on their website, but its all in french so not quite clear what you actually get..might give them a try if its not available through Triumph

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
The Great bay thing is the entire seat. Unlike the thruxton, there is no passenger seat undr that cowl. That's why it looks better IMO.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2007-02-17 16:08, picksnsticks wrote:
Just got mine from Great Bay 4 weeks ago for the 2004TBS looks great and feels better than the stock seat.
thanks, thats what i was hoping to hear.. :cool:

Neil

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
The ones Mecatwin do are custom painted, I'm not sure if they also sell them stock.

Yes the price does include both parts (as others have said). You can however buy the individual parts (seat, cowl and inner cowl) from Triumph without having to buy the whole seat assembly if you just needed a replacement for a damaged part. How long this will remain true (now that the TBs is out of production) is anybody's guess.

[ This message was edited by: MickMaguire on 2007-02-18 16:36 ]

·
Registered
181 Posts
Neild - You can still buy them in a full range of colours. Would recommend the excellent Jack Lilley where I bought mine over the net.

http://www.jacklilley.com/view_part.asp?category_id=17&category_type_id=144&part_id=186

I think they can only be modded to fit the early TB models with seat release key in the left sidepanel. They come with single seat and cowl bolted together. ie. the cowl does not come off to reveal a pillion seat, but you do get a cowl and seat !

Better have some tools handy though :

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=71064&forum=14

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
On 2007-02-20 02:49, BigVinny wrote:
I think they can only be modded to fit the early TB models with seat release key in the left sidepanel.
It is possbile to make them fit any model, its just the difficulty that changes. However, no mods will be required for NeilD's bike it will just fit straight on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts