Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted plans to modify the carbs and exhaust on my 98 TBS. Here's what I've done so far:
Emgo reverse cone megaphones (repacked with FMF 4 stroke packing), carbs modified up to 145 main jets, with TBS needles and 3 shims, Back of the front airbox removed leaving the lateral aspects of the airbox to hold the black plastic sidecovers on, and a single standard K&N filter in the stock airbox location. This set up allows me to retain the crankase vent system into the airbox, plus keep the airbox drain port on the left rear of the airbox. The results has been excellent with no flat spots in acceleration, and it will now hit the rev limiter in all 6 gears. Full throttle in first will slightly lift the front wheel off the ground at about 6000 rpm. MPG has actually improved from 40 to 44 on 87 octane fuel. Has anybody else done this? Has anyone drilled the slide ports out to improve quickness of throttle response? Thanks, tommyturbo2

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I recently posted plans to modify ....Back of the front airbox removed leaving the lateral aspects of the airbox to hold the black plastic sidecovers on, and a single standard K&N filter in the stock airbox location. This set up allows me to retain the crankase vent system into the airbox, plus keep the airbox drain port on the left rear of the airbox. .....
Pictures? ;)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TBS airbox/exhaust mods, pics

As of yet, I have no photos of the airbox/exhaust mods, but I will take some and post them. I had to increase the size of the main jets to 150's, and remove 3 of the 6 shims from the main needles to cure a slight cruising surge that was occuring between 65 to 90 mph. I have posted some pics of the bike on my (tommyturbo2) gallery. tt2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts