Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
nope, nothing. Wierd.
EDIT: i found it on you tube anyways. Looked like about 75-100 of em far as i could tell. wonder if i saw the one i\'ll be garaging. :)

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Don\'t blame me for that... those backslashes happen because of the proxy server i use so i can come here. No idea why, but it does. doesn\'t happen when i post w/o the proxy from work, but from home i have to use the proxy. But why don\'t you send me the 5 bucks anyways. I can use it to help fund the Tbird the Tbird.

·
Banned
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was obsessive enough to play it full frame, pause it and count them. Looks like 50 to me... but I only need 1 of them. :)

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
You may be the only person on earth who\'s more excited about this bike than me ! :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
i had a factory tour a few weeks ago and we were told that they need to build 800 just for dealer demo bikes, then after the 800 then customer bikes will be built, when i was up there it was mostly t-Birds on the production line, their was about 15 in that finishing area when i was there, they told us they they can bang out upto 200 a day at full capacity. :D

cant wait for mine now.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I am rather curious as to the number of preorders that have been made.... I\'m just sort of wondering about the scope of things.

BTW, I found this writeup form MCN on the tbird. It looks to be a good honest review of the bike.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/b...ews/Triumph/Triumph-Thunderbird-2009-current/
Hmmm....thats the first somewhat negitive review so far. i wonder if they rode it because everyone that has seems to rave about the power. This guy finds it average at best. Kinda has me worried about buying one w/o waiting for the owner reviews.

·
Banned
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't read it as negative at all really. the power got a 4 out of 5 and since the Rocket III was mentioned, how do you give the 1600 a 5? I just read a norwegian review earlier today that talked about the power very favorably. Basically stating, if you wanted to go, you go... it also mentioned the big bore kit and stated that it make a big difference as well, not degrading the stock motor, but stating that the BB made it 'even more'.

BTW, there is about 4 new videos of the tbird being built up on youtube now. They are a continuation of the other factory video. You can find them all on this guy's youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fowkes1968

j

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Ahhh Thatch, you magnificent bastage !!! this will keep me bust for a while !

Looks to me like they are probably already shipping them, no? I mean, there are rooms full of them and i imagine they'd like to clear some space. and they've boxed many up so i gotta figure theres nothing keeping them from shipping now. maybe we'll see them even sooner than hoped !

·
Registered
442 Posts
Was a Great Bay Triumph in New Hampshire today. The demo truck is there this weekend. Saw a new T-Bird, I am not a cruiser fan and I didn't care for what I saw in photos. But in person, looks really nice. The factory did a great job. I think that they will sell a bunch.

Mike

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Was a Great Bay Triumph in New Hampshire today. The demo truck is there this weekend. Saw a new T-Bird, I am not a cruiser fan and I didn\'t care for what I saw in photos. But in person, looks really nice. The factory did a great job. I think that they will sell a bunch.

Mike
You\'re so right. You know, i have sold i dunno how many guitars that i sold via internet ads with pictures. I\'ve had several good cameras, yet when i try to capture them in a way that shows what they look like i have to shoot a few dozen pics to get remotely close, and even then they always look much better in person. A lot of people have looked at pics of the tbird and didn\'t think much of it, but they really need to think about that because things always look much better in person. I saw it too, and even the few things i wasn\'t crazy about in pics were much better in person. i DO agreee with them it doesn\'t look very triumph like, but i don\'t judge it on that because the look, whatever you want to call it, is gorgeous.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts