Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into buying a TBird as soon as possible. Test rode a black 1700 over the weekend and can't stop thinking about it. Question is what color to get... The black looks great, really shows off the chrome and the bike, but I'm thinking of the blue with the white stripe, also I read something about the Blue Haze color. Has anyone seen these together, what did you think? I know we all have our own style, but just curious what the impression of the blue options was after you've seen them in person.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
684 Posts
Personally I think black looks the best, but after owning 2 black bikes, and experiencing the downsides of that I went with a silver/black stripe bird. I like the look of silver almost as much as black, and the fact that is doesn't show dirt or scratches as much made it the obvious choice for me. I like the blue with the white stripe, but not as much as what I have, and the blue haze I've only seen in pictures on the net.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
For me it's the blue/white because to my eye the paint scheme changes the lines of the bike to make it look very different than a solid one color Tbird. (and i'm not crazy bout the silver w/black stripe because i'm not a fan of silver on any bike)

To my eye it the paint scheme makes it look a lot like a different bike, and in a good way. Black to me looks like it could be any other cruiser if not for the P-twin engine. But you asked....thats just me. Also, i always associate triumphs back in the day with having a paint scheme, even if it was different than a striped theme. Still they were always 2 tone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went in to buy a black one.

One look at the white with red&blue stripe and I was sold.

Pick it up tomorrow, will try and post a pic.

Cheers

Jase

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have and LOVE the red haze, but if I were to buy new, it would be the blue and white. In pictures its not that impressive, but in person its a real looker - a nice presence.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I have and LOVE the red haze, but if I were to buy new, it would be the blue and white. In pictures its not that impressive, but in person its a real looker - a nice presence.
Especially on a bight clear day. When i walk up to it on days like that with the chrome all glistening in the sun and that blue sparkling, there are times the bike looks so incredible my jaw still hits the floor. I've tried to capture that several times but no camera comes close to being able to. People just have no idea seeing the pictures online. Truly not even close.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Well,I was going try and describe how I feel about my blue & white, but decided I might sound silly, like a kiddy schoolgirl. Fortunately Dazco didn't hesitate - what you say daz! :bow

·
Registered
560 Posts
Black is never "wrong" and for re-sale it's neutral. Neutral means you won't look at it one day and say "what was I thinking!"

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the thoughts. My last two bikes have been black and I feel its time to change, to add a little more color to my ride. I'm sold on the Blue/White for many of the reasons you all mention.
The thing with the Blue/White combo is that nobody in the North West has them in stock, just the black or the silver options. Also, almost all the used bikes are in black. I'm thinking the Blue/White was not made is the same quantities as the rest and those who did buy one are not letting them go...
The search continues.

·
Registered
560 Posts
It really is a great-looking bike!! Good choice, I agree with you. I didn't know that was available.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Blue/White was not made is the same quantities as the rest and those who did buy one are not letting them go...
actually the problem from what i read is that the demand for blue/white is far greater than all the other colors combined. So it's not that there are fewer of them, but that they get sold fast and are ordered more than the rest. So there are actually more, but they are hard to find due to the popularity of the color.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I went to the dealer to look at and test ride a silver/black stripe model. Saw the blue/white stripe on the showroom floor and it was all over for me. And my checkbook. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Colors

No one has mentioned it so I will. I had the blue / White and loved it. My second T'Bird is the SE with the new Carnival Red color. It is absolutely beautiful especially when the sun hits the paint. A dazzling color indeed. And many compliments on it.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts. My last two bikes have been black and I feel its time to change, to add a little more color to my ride. I'm sold on the Blue/White for many of the reasons you all mention.
The thing with the Blue/White combo is that nobody in the North West has them in stock, just the black or the silver options. Also, almost all the used bikes are in black. I'm thinking the Blue/White was not made is the same quantities as the rest and those who did buy one are not letting them go...
The search continues.
Hey, Zenbike, I'm in the Seattle area, too, and started a similar thread a couple weeks ago, where I was lamenting that the blue-and-white combo wasn't available around here, and asking folks which they preferred, the silver/black or black. You might want to look for that thread for more comments in that vein.

As far as your challenge, yep, I'm experiencing it, too...not a single blue-and-white to be found (let alone those beautiful blue and red haze models). I'm softening some on the silver/black combo, but not ready yet to make the leap...I keep hoping one will show up somewhere, but as you've found out, that doesn't seem to be happening (and I've been looking for a good long while). I don't want to have to buy out-of-state and have it shipped due to expense and not being able to test-ride the bike first...so, like you, my search continues...

Good luck w/ your search...let's see who can find one in the Seattle area first. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey at-home-daddy, nice to hear from another Seattle rider.
Well I don't need to test ride a blue/white to know I want the bike, I assume you're talking about a used one.
I'm actually headed back to the Lynnwood dealer tonight to pick up my Sprint RS from a service and will be once again tormented by the beautiful birds they have on the floor. Think I'll have them run up a quote to get a new one in the "right" color shipped to Seattle, but for that I might as well wait a few months until winter has passed and the 2012s arrive. Based on what I've learned around here I've already got my dream bike built:
Blue/White stripe, BB kit, Short TORs, Twin-T bars, Teardrop mirrors, and solo seat. Dazco I don't mean to copy, but I think you've got the ideal set-up going on.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
P-L-E-A-S-E! He's insufferable already! I blame him for a developing inferiority complex that will only be cured when I upgrade to the BB kit. Mine will have Hogslayers though - he can have his short TORs. :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts