Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Except for it’s weight advantage it is fairly easy to upgrade a TBS to match the S2; Brembo brakes, Green cams, TT600 stick coils, and air box mods. And for a pretty penny less. That being said, the S2 is very compelling. The TBS is an incredibly durable and reliable bike so used mileage and age shouldn’t throw you off. It’s really which bike you like the looks of more.

I certainly wouldn’t sell my TBS to get an S2.

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
I went to the Triumph Best of British tour a couple of weeks ago. I've come to the realization that Triumph will never make an acceptable 3cylinder replacement for the Thunderbird 900cc Sport. The prices have skyrocketed to levels that old fixed income folks like me are not so likely to afford one even if they did manufacture it.

The new bikes look nice. I'd welcome an opportunity to do a test ride sometime. The biggest thing for me is that I have the ability to work on carburetors. Fuel injection would probably require some electronic gadgetry at an unreasonable price. So I'm just sticking with that which I can maintain myself.

O yeah and the 360 degree firing order sounds like a Triumph should. The 270 degree firing order just sounds like ..... well I won't say......

41 - 47 of 47 Posts