Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see two auctions currently on eBay for authorized copies of Dwain Taylor's Triumph performance booklet. I'm not sure if this is the same seller I got my copy from, but I will check and see if I still have the info.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-Chopper-Engine-Builders-Guide_W0QQitemZ320332525674QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10065QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-650-Engine-Building-for-Speed-Manual-130-MPH_W0QQitemZ320332526240QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10065QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
194 Posts
What you get is a copy of an original that he runs off on a copy machine.....For 17.95 + postage it's a waste of money, when you consider that most of the old timers on here could tell you the same thing for free....Truth be known, probably more..

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
What you get is a copy of an original that he runs off on a copy machine.....For 17.95 + postage it's a waste of money, when you consider that most of the old timers on here could tell you the same thing for free....Truth be known, probably more..
so you bought one too MM ;) mine's around here somewhere .

"Collector's Edition limited to Twenty-five Copies"

yup that's what the auction for the copy i bought said too .

good read . worth the $22 ?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You fellows may be right. There were some authorized reprints available not too long ago.

I originally bought one of the photocopy bootlegs. When the authorized copies were done, it was in connection with a reunion of the T&M dealership in 2008. The official reprint is on good quality glossy paper, with a heavier cardstock cover. Mine was autographed by Dwain, and included a couple of pictures, one of Dwain signing copies of the reunion book, and one of Dwain and one of his double engine dragsters.

The current seller appears to be the same guy who has been bootlegging all along. I sent an e-mail to the guy I got my "reunion" copy from, to see if there are any more authorized copies available.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oldebonnie, Ours are bootleged on cheap copy paper....The guy on Ebay uses the "last 25" as away to reel you in, and pay more for it if he can get a bidding war going....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts