Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now I have a really neat tax disc-what goes inside it ? Where to mount it on my bike?

Can anyone copy one and put it on this site so I (we) can get something sort of official
looking to mount on the bike?

Help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I'm not from the Blighty, so I can't speak to it with any certainty. Seems it's always on one side of the bike, most often mounted on the headlamp ear. Couple of the guys have been kind enough to send me the real thing, proof of tax paid up.... cool! Lemme find some images to post, be right back......

·
Registered
116 Posts
HiVel,

I am really interested in how this turns out for you as I had thought about getting one, too! I have a friend that just bought a used 2004 Royal Enfield and his bike came with the tax disk on it and I really liked it. Good choice!

Mike

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Guess which one is the real deal, as sent to me from afar....

(Oh, mine came with a glass insert...... broke it pretty quickly. I got some plastic cut for it, and that leaks easily. I think I've ruined almost all that you see below from simply riding in the rain or not removing it prior to that wash I give my bikes every three/four months.)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Funny thing 'bout the "Pirate" sticker.....

I got scared that if a cop pulled me over (for speeding) and saw that I supported going 100 mph, I might piss him off more. So I blacked out the "100 mph" and left the"Ton up"......

Guess I'm not the hooligan I pretend to be.

·
Registered
621 Posts
On 2006-12-10 22:05, HiVel wrote:
So now I have a really neat tax disc-what goes inside it ? Where to mount it on my bike?

Can anyone copy one and put it on this site so I (we) can get something sort of official
looking to mount on the bike?

Help is appreciated.
Here's a place that sells reproduction disc inserts... any year you want!
Tax Discs

Bob

·
Registered
80 Posts
NICE!

great find, Bob!!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Mine is mounted on the top bolt of the front brake caliper, left side(curb side in England).

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, now I got the idea!!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
In South Africa (being an ex colony) we follow the English licencing system and still use the tax disc today. We can mount it anywhere on the bike as long as it's visible Usually on the forks or rear shocks. Pic of my Thrux with legit tax disc.

P

·
0 Posts
Hi
I supply repro. tax discs (1921-87) - cheaper than any other supplier! You get two for 7GBPounds + all the info. and help you may need to fill in.

I'm on ebay (user name poplargreg) or go to www.poplargreg.com

Sorry if this seems like an advert - but I send quite a lot to the US and can advise on where to buy holders, correct position on bike etc
Cheers
Greg Powellnull

1 - 15 of 15 Posts