Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add some gadgets to my Sprint ST. I have heard of various ways to enable power. What type of clips, taps, extra circuit boxes are in use? I need something reliable and easy to install. Right now I am thinking of a radar detector, may add GPS later. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
You can make it as simple or complicated as you want. Some have gone the supplemental circuit box route, others have used the factory GPS/accy circuit, while others just tap into a switched source. Any of those options will work.

·
Registered
509 Posts
In line with this, does anyone have the part number for the factory GPS power cable? I have a temporary (read butchered) direct wire connection for my Garmin Zumo 550 but would certainly like a neater fix. Failing that, does somebody carry the pins for the blank connector that is on there? If so, who and what is their PN?

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Searching brings up mention that the Sprint can use the Tiger cable.

Tiger GPS Connector Kit - Triumph part # A9938122

I remember someone saying that it was a bit pricey.

Another search found this for the pins.

The Tyco/AMP part number of the pin is 173600-1.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks guys, that was the pn I was looking for OND.

I need to get rid of that cludge I have on there now, I hate ugly wiring. I'll splice my leetle volt meter (Datel) in at the same time. Gonna be a splicing kinda day, I guess. Have to extend the rear indicator wiring to accommodate my Givi mounts as well.

I thought about using the front marker light as a power source for the GPS. The wire is long enough to easily get to but it is switched power and I prefer to keep the GPS as constant power so that the timing remains accurate when I do lunch or gas stops. I'm gonna hide the GXM antenna up under the windscreen front portion as well. Busy, busy.

By the time I'm done farkling this thing, Triumph ain't gonna recognize it. :D

·
Registered
896 Posts
Searching brings up mention that the Sprint can use the Tiger cable.

Tiger GPS Connector Kit - Triumph part # A9938122
I remember someone saying that it was a bit pricey..
the OEM tiger cable is identical to the sprint, but around 1/2 the price

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just ordered the kit from Motorcycle Store. They are only about 50 miles from me but, I already tapped the front marker light harness as a temporary measure for the Zumo.

Don't like it as it is switched power and I want constant on. When I get my Valentine One, I'll use that power for that. I just clipped the leads as here in the US, we don't need the parking light anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts