Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the (original) purpose of the tank strap?

Storage? Keeping the tank in place?

Can I safely remove it from a 1200 thruxton r?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
233 Posts
I thought on the old race bikes it was used to hold the fuel tank on. Quick release type system to remove the tank in the pits to work on the bike.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Personally I think it looks great, I also use mine as a sort of tank protector from scuffs than can result from jacket zippers, belt buckles etc...nothing more nothing less

·
Registered
634 Posts
That looks pretty cool, well done. Shame you're half way around the world from me.
That reminds me of the time I found some foot prints and followed them through the bush and they stopped at a river. Over the river was a blonde and I asked her how do you get to the other side, She replied "You ARE on the other side".

That's not a hassle. I had it done at a trophy shop. I'll ring my fella and get him to email me the image. All you have to do is email it to the fella you choose with a laser etcher and he dose the rest. The hard work was in the initial design and that's all done. Also you could get him to modify it to your liking.

I also had these made for the side covers for wear plates as I was rubbing my boot heal on them and marking the paint. I went to a local fabricator with a plasma cutter and I gave them a link to a good image of the R on the sticker on the side covers. The image has around 17 individual lines to make the R. I gave them a size and they made them out of .75mm stainless. So they should be a scale replica. I had the fabricator email the image to the trophy maker and he made up the line in the middle with his laser etcher.

PM me your email and I'll help you out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey guys, I did this with mine. It's been laser etched. I didn't want stickers on my bike so instead of losing its thruxton name I placed it on the strap. If you want it on yours pm me and I'll put you on to the fella who did mine.
Id need two straps (or smaller etching) so I could fit the brand name on too to remind me its a Triumph Thruxton :wink2:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hey guys, I did this with mine. It's been laser etched. I didn't want stickers on my bike so instead of losing its thruxton name I placed it on the strap. If you want it on yours pm me and I'll put you on to the fella who did mine.
Id need two straps (or smaller etching) so I could fit the brand name on too to remind me its a Triumph Thruxton
Now you're just giving me ideas. Haha ;-)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Pics broken I can't open it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts