Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone provide the correct lenght size and letter size of the side gas tank triumph sticker?

a good paralel picture of the sticker would be fantastic

from jet black or matte black bike

best regards to all

and thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
The exact length of the decal is 170mm, or 6 11/16" from the tip of the 'T' to the edge of the 'H'.

See my pics for how they're positioned on my glossy black 2007. I stretched two strips of masking tape to act as datums - one across the centerline of the filler cap, and one 'underscoring' the "1050" decal, trying to keep them as perpendicular to the centerline of the bike as possible.

I held a steel rule under the bottom of the letters and scribed a line across the two strips of tape. That line passed through a point 6 3/4" from the CL at the front, and 4 1/8" from the edge of the filler cap at the back. Both of those measurements are true measurements around the curvature of the tank, i.e. I bent a whippy steel rule so it contacted the tank all the way around.

You can see from my sketch that the decals are pretty much centered about those two datums - 1/2" from the tape to the lower corner of the closest character.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow fantastic help, this is all i need thanks a lot really

been whitout for my s3 for a month now... really miss it

noticed that the font of the triumph logo is a bit different from the 08/10 model
small restlying there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts