Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems like a semi-uncommon mod. I just picked up a 675 Streety (actually still on its way), it has Axle, rear swingarm, bar, and Triumph OEM frame sliders as well as engine covers. Tank sliders a decent idea? Or should the sliders on my bike generally be ok enough to protect the bike?

·
Registered
60 Posts
This seems like a semi-uncommon mod. I just picked up a 675 Streety (actually still on its way), it has Axle, rear swingarm, bar, and Triumph OEM frame sliders as well as engine covers. Tank sliders a decent idea? Or should the sliders on my bike generally be ok enough to protect the bike?
R&G probably don't do ****...but they look good though

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
They are made out of legit carbon fiber and come with si glue bottle. Install is a breeze...make sure to trial fit without glue to get a feel of how they will sit on the tank...

Protection wise...not too sure

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those R&G ones do look good, they prob protect a decent bit in a slide. Maybe the oem sliders are enough to cover the trunk.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Those R&G ones do look good, they prob protect a decent bit in a slide. Maybe the oem sliders are enough to cover the trunk.
I have dropped my bike more than once....
I find brake levers and the muffler are the most venerable parts....
OEM frame sliders, bar end sliders, front fork protector and back spindle sliders .....all are a must
Either go for brake lever protector or use levers that have a replaceable end...I am shot scared of foldable levers....If the levers are "short" then it's a different story..
Plan on ordering a muffler ring/protector from AliExpress or R&G....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts