Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day Everyone,

About two weeks ago I placed a post asking a question about a defect in my tank paint, specifically relating to the black strip down the middle of my tank and if anyone had had similar issues. After no joy from the dealer I bought the bike off, I went and saw another Triumph dealer who was more than happy to jump through the hoops for me asking the question to Triumph Australia and up to Triumph UK. After about three weeks of sending photos to them, describing it to them, having the dealer say that they had never seen it before etc etc, the dealer called me today and informed me that Triumph UK are sending me a new tank under warranty. As you would all be aware I am very happy as it was going to be one of those things that was always going to annoy me as I would always know it was there.

So I am going to go back and give the dealer who I bought the bike off a piece of my mind, and I think I will also send Triumph a letter and thank them for what they have done for me. Glad i bought a Trumpy.

I have posted some pictures of what I am talking about, so if any of you guys have a similar problem with your paint and your bike is new and still under warranty I would advise you getting onto it.

Demps

·
Registered
421 Posts
Make sure you point out the dealer to the home team and how the other came throught for ya'. Then spread the word on the slacker to your mates as well.

As you fellows say "good on ya'".

On 2006-12-04 23:50, clintd01 wrote:

"So I am going to go back and give the dealer who I bought the bike off a piece of my mind, and I think I will also send Triumph a letter and thank them for what they have done for me. Glad i bought a Trumpy.
Demps"
[ This message was edited by: boboso on 2006-12-05 00:28 ]

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Isn't it amazing how the selling dealers (cars and bikes) can often be so, for lack of a better word, lazy, when it comes to helping out with warranty issues. Sort of like 'well, we already got this sucker's money'. Several years ago, I owned a Mazda MX6. I loved that little V6 stick shifter, but after about 55,000 miles, the leather seat bolster on the driver's side wore through.

Original Selling Dealer "Nope, Mazda doesn't cover this"
Non Selling Dealer "Sure, that's a warranty issue. We'll order you a new seat and call you when it's in.

These are things you don't forget when it comes time to buy a new car or bike.

Bob

[ This message was edited by: ohiorider on 2006-12-05 05:12 ]

·
Registered
168 Posts
The paint around the gas cap on my '06 T100 began to bubble just before the first service. It looked like there was a gas leak through the welded seam under the paint and had started to lift it. The bubbles were following the seam in a circle around the gas filler.
I pointed it out to the dealer when I went in for the service and they went after a new tank immediately. In less than two weeks I has a new tank.
I had read here about gas tank paint issues that happened a few years ago and my heart sank when it happened to me. The dealer went right after the problem and I've not had a problem since.

Rocky

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I believe i responded to your first post about it saying most of them have this. And it's true, but i didn't see pics then and yours certainly IS bad. Mine can only be seen in certain light and you pretty much have to be looking for it. But thats far far worse. I can't imagine how the dealer would be so bold as to tell you to live with that. I would tell the dealer your next triumph will be purchased and maintained elsewhere and that even your current bike's service will be performed elsewhere. I can't believe the wide range of discrepencies between one dealer and the next. There should be a level of knowledge and professionalism in them all to eliminate these differences so that you get the same answer from any dealer you ask for the most part. I don't even bother with my dealer for anything except parts or things i absolutly cannot do myself.

I'm not suprised the dealer said they'd never seen it before because on most tanks it's hard to see and impossible in all but just the right light. But again, those pics show yours is exceptionally bad.

·
Registered
778 Posts
That's great! I'm a big believer in giving praise when someone goes to bat for me, instead of just complaining when they don't. Those are the kind of actions that earn great customer loyalty. Good for Triumph. I'm glad it worked out for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.