Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2002 Bonnie a few weeks ago and am starting to customize it... I want to put knee pads on the tank, but can't find any that don't say triumph on them... anyone know where to get plainer ones? In the Jammer Cycle catalog, they sell some that are approx 7" x 4", is this about the same size as triumph ones and if so anyone tried these (at 1/3 the cost of actual triumph ones I may just order a set anyway, if they don' t look good maybe I can slap them on my 71 bonnie).

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
134 Posts
They were in the Triumph web site last year, I wanted the same as you but could not find them now, it seems Triumph no longer makes the plain ones, for what its worth I think the plain ones look much better, if you can't figure out the bike is a Triumph without looking at the knee pads there is a problem :-D

Bob

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm glad someone brought this up. I am also planning to by some tank pads and thought I was crazy when I couldn't find the plain ones. Maybe if I ride enough I can rub the logo off.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Most of the shops whom cater to the bikes of the 50's-60's will have plain tank knee pads. Norman Hyde is one but there's quite a few.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts