Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any better looking tank knee pads that will fit the ST?
I would like to get some for my matte black/brown combo ..(preferably brown pads).. but I am certain that is impossible.
The tank pads I have seen for the ST seem to be a bit generic looking IMHO

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Street Twin
2,422 Posts
I put the previous version on my Street Twin (2015 models and earlier style for the new Classic Twins), wanting the embossed Triumph script. There are some aftermarket brands, including one with the Union Jack flag etched.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the previous version on my Street Twin (2015 models and earlier style for the new Classic Twins), wanting the embossed Triumph script. There are some aftermarket brands, including one with the Union Jack flag etched.
The Triumph script is probably what I am looking for... Probably need to check ebay.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I can't see any reason why these Knee Pads wouldn't work.

/M
I love the thinness on those!

The shape of the pad looks a little rounder than the Triumph brand pads.

In the picture, the tank lines and the pad shape don't seem to fit well, The top part of the pad has a hump that is almost out of the flat section for the pad ...

It looks as if you use heavy scissors and trimmed the shiny edge off the pads into the rough part, they can be reshaped to bring down that top hump a bit. Then, sand the edge smooth and hit it with a flame quickly to get rid of the sanding marks, looks like factory made...
For $24.99... seriously worth a shot

·
Registered
93 Posts
I went with the Plain Triumph Pads for the same reason as Whatshisface, I didn't care for the double branding, the plain ones are a bit thicker than the Logo ones as well which I prefer.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts