Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Tank Heat Shields for a TBS

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  seablues47 
#1 ·
Anyone got any suggestions about what material I can use for heat shields on a TBS tank? I bought one on fleabay that came without them.

#6 ·
On bikebandit there is something cald an infil panel; 37.71. Is this the heat sheild you mean? its listed under bodywork for my 2001 legend tt

that piece of curvey black plastic that fits under the tank on the right; It is worth its weight in gold. It was missing on my bike. I was broiling and me and the machine were having difficulties bonding. That puppy makes tons (and degrees) of difference.

#7 ·
On bikebandit there is something cald an infil panel; 37.71. Is this the heat sheild you mean? its listed under bodywork for my 2001 legend tt

that piece of curvey black plastic that fits under the tank on the right; It is worth its weight in gold. It was missing on my bike. I was broiling and me and the machine were having difficulties bonding. That puppy makes tons (and degrees) of difference.
Oh, leo jumps in with both feet. You can get used to being wrong if you practice.

21.20 per heat shield; better just to go to the speed shop and cut your own if you feel the need.

#8 ·
Thanks Toller. You sent me to BikeBandit and the heat shields were listed and actually cheaper than the Dynamat by about half. Maybe I can return the Dynamat????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.