Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered and installed a tank cover kit from Triumph from the 2007 accessories? The accessory guide says "easily installed," but what does this really mean? I would like some input from RAT members before I make a decision. Thanks.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My dealer had one on one of the display bikes on the floor when all that stuff came out last year, and I would say you need to see one in person before you go and pay all that money for one, it just looked like a hunk of plastic sitting on the top of the tank, and not really worth the money in my mind.

Nathan

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I believe it looked like that because that's what it is, IMHO.

Larry

·
Registered
51 Posts
I actually think they look great on some bikes, but they're certainly not complex--it's just a plastic cover that bolts on in the front and back, IIRC.

The 68 cover and the two Brit flags are much cooler than the others, I think. The monochrome flag, especially, looks fantastic. I've seen the 68 on a Scrambler, and it looks great, as well.

One significant negative is that it makes it impossible to use magnetic tank bags.

Also, I can certainly understand why they wouldn't appeal to a lot of people.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I bought one (off eBay, new) in yellow along with the side covers and seat cowl that I'm putting on my black Thruxton. The cover is held on by the tank badges, the kit comes with four spacers that you install through the tank cover with new longer mounting screws. You'll need a anti-theft bit in order to remove the screws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts