Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one or seen them on a bike that knows how they look? I want a different color for my bike but don't wanna spend 1000 dollars to paint it.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I got a couple and a set of ivory side covers when some of the retailers started selling them cheap. I think they went for $25 at one stage but I missed that and got them for $40 and $50 for the pair of sidecovers. The fit can vairy and sometimes needs a bit of playing around to get them to fit well. Anyway a couple of picturers.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I have three of them. They only work on bikes with the smaller carb tank and removable tank badges.

They look amazing. I have had so many people say that they love my paint job....

Here is an old picture of my bike with the monochrome union jack:

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
It also depends on your bike's stock colors. On my tangerine and white bonnie the orange sweeps too low so you'd see it even with the cover on.

If you shop carefully you could probably find a replacement tank in a new color (maybe fenders too) for way less than entirely new paint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 02 Bonnie so im pretty sure it will fit and cover the one color. I was just worried that the cover would just look like plastic sitting on my tank. But they look good in those pics. Calliway what bars do u have?

·
30,015 Posts
I was just worried that the cover would just look like plastic sitting on my tank.
I was worried about that too, but in the end they actually blend in really well and look just like they are painted on, unless you look really really close. I have the monochrome and full colour UJ tank covers.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I have an 02 Bonnie so im pretty sure it will fit and cover the one color. I was just worried that the cover would just look like plastic sitting on my tank. But they look good in those pics. Calliway what bars do u have?

Flanders Clubman Low in Black. I trimmed 1.5" off each side and put on black bar ends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts