Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a nice tank bag for my 06
I have plans for next year to do Ironbutt1000 from Chicago to Dallas along with LakeMichigan tour, and riding only with a backpack and tankbag.

Any recomendations?

I was considering Nelson Rigg CL800 setup for the back, but honestly I think that I would use the tankbag a lot more after the trip.

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I have the luggage locker. I stopped using it because I liked the look of the bike without it. They are real nice. Lock to the bike. Fairly spacious.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used to have a tank bag that attached to the gas cap mounting assembly. But lo and behold my tank was getting scratched up by the front end of the bag that overhangs and hits the tank. Needless to say I no longer use that bag and repaired my tanks paint with some scratch X and nu polish. Speedy looks better naked anyway. So far I've learned my lessons about this bike the hard way. This website has helped out a lot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When the luggage locker I wanted was on back order, I found the Bags-Connection system to be a great replacement.

I have this set up for my triple...

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1859/243/

I did an IBA last summer with it, but I had saddlebags on as well...

I'm planning on doing some touring next summer and plan to upgrade the bag to the larger size with the same mounting option...

As you can see... the bags-connection stays off the tank and no straps to fight with... I like it.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Triumph makes a tank bag for the Speed Triple. It has a leather tank bra that keeps the tank from getting scratches. Been using it for 2 years, works great. I changed the side attachments to velcro straps, that lets me pull the whole thing off in 10 seconds.
I use my S3 back and forth to work and tend to haul a lot of stuff on a daily basis. Works great, no complaints.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the Baggs-Connection bag, the larger one. And depending on where you locate the bracket, it can touch the tank....mine does. I only got a mark or two before I put material on to protect it....

But it is nice...nice size, they offer a small and large. You can get power and lighting to it. You can order ram mounts for the tank mount. But the bags fade, quickly and alot. Doesn't impact how they work, but they look aged very quickly. As oppsed to me Cortech saddlebags, which are outside the same amoutn of time and are still black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts