Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a Triumph tank bag and got only 2/3 through fitting it before I changed my mind. I wanted a place for my GPS, but I don't want to cover the tank with that ugly soft pad. Does anyone have experience with either GPS mounts on the handlebar or magnetic tank bags on a T100 or a Bonnie with the rubber knee pads? What works?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I felt the same way about the OEM tankbag . . . at first. Once I got the leather cover fitted nice and tight, I actually appreciate the functionality of it, as it doubles as a tank protector. The bag is big, but it doesn't interfere with me while riding. You could easily use a RAM mount and a tank bag I think.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
I use a RAM-Mount attached to the stem nut...convenient and less visible than the handlebar location. The "Stem Nut Ball" was designed by Seth "D9" on this forum.

GREG

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts

got a magnetic tank bag from "hein gericken " street line;

fit's perfect, because i haven't mounted the rubber knee pads, so you still see the triumph logo :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I've ordered a RAM mount for my older GPS. Lets hope it really is waterproof! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts