Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
woo HOO! I cant wait to buy my sprint so i can go riding you folks!!! I own a piece of property (20 acres) near 50 and 75... there are so many back winding country roads. I would love to host a BBQ or something if you guys are interested!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
That sounds awesome PT, good luck on your bike search, I'd love to say I could help with the search, but I'm a twins guy and know nothing about the Sprint. You have already come to the right place for Sprint information, so I am sure the forum will serve you well. Looking forward to getting a group together!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am in Pinellas county and would be willing to do a ride/meet up anywhere within 200 mi. Of Clearwater. Lots of great destinations spring to mind Fl. Has a lot to offer those willing to ride there. Should get this underway way before summer sets in.

Let me know,
Jonbo

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in Pasco and looking forward to a meet and eat and greet. I'm waiting on a rear master cylinder rebuild kit for my Speedmaster and I just got an 07 America for my wife but need to get that into shop. The guy I bought it from had in in his garage for two or more years and only started it occasionally, so it has no power. So soon as I get these things fixed I'll be ready to go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in South Miami, gotta get my 98 Sprint Sport ready as well. Work is what keeps me from being more active. I only have one day off :(

Hoping to have more time after summer....but will keep in touch here in case things change.

Ride safe everyone!!

Adrian

·
Registered
44 Posts
I suppose all that remains to be done is to nail down a time and place. Like our friend to the south I have week ends off. That being said any suggestion for a meet up location?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If Pianotips is willing to host a BBQ, I am willing to lead a ride. I live in Brooksville and work in Ridge Manor near I-75 and 50. I know the area extremely well and can put together a route that everyone can enjoy. I usually lead informal tours on my DR650 dual sport that includes both on road and off road, but it would not be hard to modify the route to make it road only and lead it on my Tiger 800. What I usually include is a tour of lost Florida history, the things that you drive by, but had no idea was there. If folks are interested in that we can make stops along the way for some real Florida to make it a little more interesting. I can also include some short hikes to abandoned cemeteries, a railroad yard from the 1800's, a hidden road and the remains of a bridge. There is also an abandoned Scout camp that has tree houses still standing. If history is not what the group wants, I can also put together a route that is riding only. Either way there are plenty of hills and twisties around here to enjoy. It isn't North Carolina, but it is about the best we have for Florida.

I usually start at 7 am at my fire station and folks peel off as they get tired. I frequently lead 10 to 12 hour rides and I am the one calling it quits at night before the others do. Seeing as some people are coming from a distance we can put it to a group vote as to what time to start. There are also several hotels at I-75 and 50. The hotels are pretty safe, but bring a way to lock down your bike. About 20 minutes away is the Chinsegut Hill Manor which is an old plantation turned museum that has rooms for rent on the property for around $75 a night if you want a different experience. Contact me and I will get you more info. There is Silverlake campground nearby for those who want to tent camp or bring an RV.

I'm thinking BBQ on Friday night either at Pianotips' property or a local restaurant. Ride starts Saturday morning leaving from my fire station in Ridge Manor and ends whenever the group decides they have had enough. As for dates... I have off Friday April 15th and Saturday April 16th. That gives us two weeks for everyone to get their bikes and plans together.

Post up a reply if the date works for you. Also post up if you are interested in the history and short walks or just want to ride. I can be emailed at [email protected] or PM'ed on this site for more questions. I will count up the votes and consensus wins for date/time/history tour or just ride. I am in even if it means there are only two or three people riding.

·
Registered
28 Posts
All right! I'm back. Been working had on getting a triumph.. so I wouldn't be a wannabe :(....But hopefully by the time we do this, a bike will pan out for me.. hopefully. :( Alright wanna be or not, here's the invite! Lets shoot for Memorial day weekend. I am open to sooner, just got to figure out when!

I have 20 acres to host with.... and on that 20 acres there is a DIRT BIKE track (8-9 acres of track to be exact) Funny I still do not have a dirt bike (bleh). I am conveniently located right off of I75/ Cortez 50. Now the tire kicker.. There is workshops here. Dorm with 3 indoor heated showers (for LD riders), bathrooms, and a big lift! 10,000 sqf building space to be exact. Camping spots.... there is much to do here... And like Dirtmedic mentioned (oh your a firefighter, I am planning on joining the volunteer chaplains corps here) there are a lot of sweet spots to visit around here, we get bald eagles here (they eat my chickens ), Rainbow springs, Clear Springs, beaches, hills (more like bumps), mermaids (yes really) and a couple of really cool twisty roads!

Well I was talking to my wife and the 16 yo boy, and they were like "sure!" But the first time we can only invite a "smaller bunch" lol (cant be hundreds this time). Next I can invite the whole community ;) So let me know how many, allergies and stuff, camping will be available and a few spots in the dorm etc.. Pm your contact number etc.. I will return with the location info, and phone numbers.. Please RSVP so we can have enough food prepared, and the facilities ready to host. If all goes well, perhaps we can shoot again for labor day or veterans or even the end of the year :) Let me know.

Chaplain Ray
P.S. Croom motocross park is right here as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
BTW it doesn't have to be huge, or just a few. I think most people are cool :) The only two exceptions will be.. cant drink here (to many strangers to manage the first time)
(there are local pubs and bars, etcc...) and no illegal drugs. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I have been wanting to explore the roads up in that area as I've heard there are some good ones (for Florida!)

My weekends are pretty full through the middle of May so whatever you guys decide on I'll try to make it up if I can for the Saturday ride stuff.

For Dirtmedic, I'm more interested in the riding but some of the history stuff would be cool too. I'm pretty laid back and am mostly looking to ride and meet some fellow Triumph riders!

Cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey all,
I am pretty much down with any ride as long as it excludes pinellas county. I regularly ride central/ east Pasco, Hernando, Lake,Sumpter counties with stops at the Yalaha German bakery,Cedar Key( oh I forgot Levy co.) always looking for new points of interest of which there are many in Fl. Really curious about some of the mentioned historical sites. As far as my schedule is concerned I am on call every other weekend however, I am perfectly willing to do something mid week if the object of the ride is suitably enticing as well as riding on any off week end. Let's get some proposed dates and alternates, locations abound. Leesburg bike fest is this month, crowded but interesting. It is best to do what we can before summer is upon us. Besides it would great to meet up with some Triumph people. Almost all of the people I do get to ride with are Harley riders. I could use a little motorcycle diversity.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts