Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my Talon hubs and rims are on order. Gold hubs and rims. I'm quite excited about them arriving.:D They will be laced, with wheel bearing in place and trued. Put a set of Avon AM22 and AM23 on and viola we have a fix.

Many Thanks to Mike at Bella Corsa for the great customer assistance and a fair price.

I'll post them when they arrive.........

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yummy.... Talon hub!!!

Will they be a simple "bolt on solution"??

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Jeff, if that works out I will follow with my Scram-blur.

I've been looking at Bucannan and Excel wheels but found it difficult to justify the upgrade using the very heavy stock hub.

Awaiting your feedback.:D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Any idea how much weight you are losing compared to the stock rims and hubs? I am looking at changing my wheels at some point also. The Carrozeria wheels look nice but I prefer the spoked wheels if they are light enough.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know at the moment but as soon as I receive them, I'll weigh both and let you know. The should shed quite a few pounds I would emagine. Hubs are straight pull spokes which will eliminate the curved radius at the end.

Cheers

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thanks, looking forward to some pics!!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Have you got an ETA on the hubs??

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
30 Days from the point of order. Should be about another couple weeks I imagine.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The hold-up at Talon as I'm being told is the alloy rims. They're outsourced and apparently there is a delay in production and/or supply. I'm chomping at the bit to get them as I have two bikes awaiting new rims and tires.

/Mike

·
Registered
716 Posts
Talon hubs

Hmmm, just wondering about these hubs...seems like the rims would not be the problem...can we buy JUST the hubs yet?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Talon hub, uopdate.

Jeff,

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd post here, to keep all the Talon stuff in the one place. Since you haven't said, I take it there's no sign of your wheels yet? I emailed Talon a few weeks ago, enquiring about a hub, who then referred me to MotoEvolution (who presumably are dealing with uk sales) They couldn't give me a date for buying the hub on it's own, regardless of the position with the rims, so when Pieman put his Talon wheel up for sale I bought it at once.

The wheel arrived today and I rebuilt it with the T100's Union steel rim, to suit my needs for now, although I may get a pair of stainless steel rims in the future. I'd already decided I didn't want alloy rims (the left-over bits I rebuilt into a 'Thruxton' rear wheel, which is now for sale if anybody wants it)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Is that weight difference enough for a significant performance increase from the suspension? Looks like the hubs weigh the same so what is the reason to not use OEM

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Is that weight difference enough for a significant performance increase from the suspension? Looks like the hubs weigh the same so what is the reason to not use OEM
The talon hub is almost 2 lbs. lighter. Additionally, if you look at the two pics posted above you will see that the Talon has straight pull spokes. Well worth it IMHO to eliminate the broken spoke issue...

Regards,

--Rich

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Talon wheel fitted

still no offers from uk for the Thruxton wheel though:confused: cmon guys it's for the lifeboats! I've seen smelly steel wheels on ebay for £150, so a hundred quid for a Thruxton one, surely someone wants it?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts