Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day, I'm a 6'1" dude with lanky legs and I find the (what i think to be) stock seat a bit too low for me on my 2013 America.
On longer rides, my hip flexors get a bit tender and it seems like its because my knees are far above my hips a bit too much.
I know it's the cruising style to be more in that position, but it seems a bit too much for me.
It's from lifting my legs up to move them about perhaps?, and maybe I need to do some lunge exercises to harden them up a bit? I am a reasonably sedentary office worker.
I've got the floor boards and can move my legs about a bit, but it just feels too low for absolute comfort.
Anyone here seen any aftermarket seats around with less of a pronounced dug out "U" shape on them?
I don't really want to modify the one I have as it has the pillion seat integrated and any two up ride are generally short distance rides.

Cheers! :wink2:

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
seat problem

Had a similar issue with my 2014 America.

Wound up buying a Saddlemen seat It is called the Ultimate comfort seat . Got mine thru Dennis Kirk for $ 427.00 . Check Saddlemem web site for Triumph America seats.

Great comfort difference with some lumbar support after a 2 - 500 mile break in period . would buy again. Not many choices for these bikes. :smile2::smile2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a similar issue with my 2014 America.

Wound up buying a Saddlemen seat It is called the Ultimate comfort seat . Got mine thru Dennis Kirk for $ 427.00 . Check Saddlemem web site for Triumph America seats.

Great comfort difference with some lumbar support after a 2 - 500 mile break in period . would buy again. Not many choices for these bikes. :smile2::smile2:
Cheers for that. I'll sus it out :wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts