Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i had a really bad day at work yesterday. I decided that i needed to get the bike running sooner than when i would be getting the new jets in the mail. So i went to a nearby Kawasaki dealer and bought some 142.5 Main Jets. Got them home and Started putting them in and the one's that i just bought are a little bit taller than the stock 110's and the 155's i already had. So i figured that i would try them and see if they work. The threading is exactly the same and they went in with no problem's at all, and the bike runs a lot better. I even had it up to 115 on my speedo.

So my question is will the fact that the head of the main is taller effect anything? I'm still going to try the 140's when they get here, but i wanted to make sure that i wasn't effin' anything up.
TJ

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Cas,I`ve heard there are interference problems somehow with non Triumph jets,BUT I`ve had a set of generic 120s from DennisKirk in my carbs for over a year and have had ZERO problems. Sorry for the non answer to your ? I doubt if Triumph would go to the extra expense of custom carb bodies from the Japanese suppliers in light of all their other cost cutting measures.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
You bought aftermarket jets, not actual Keihin brand.

[ This message was edited by: RaceDweeb on 2006-12-14 21:19 ]

·
Registered
111 Posts
good grief....Keihin does have multiple jets w/ different profiles for different applications....the only thing you done effectively is make it seem like your float height is higher because the jet produdes slightly further into the bowl. ride happy, and don't think twice about it...

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts